Garbage Slogan Needed
- What a Waste! // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;04/16/2001, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p3
Presents a pie chart on types of garbage that were disposed in 1996.
- Chicken 'n egg with large scale commercial composting. // BioCycle;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p6
Points out hindrances to the creation of larger scale generator and composter for managing organic wastes. Interest of vendors in establishing merchant composting facilities; Generators' need for assurance from vendors on the processing of collected organics; Dialogue between generators,...
- Anaerobic digestion for household organics. Sinclair, R.; Kelleher, M. // BioCycle;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the use of anaerobic technology for processing household organics in the town of Brecht in Belgium. Development of dry anaerobic conversion process by Organic Waste Systems; Use of two stream household waste collection program; Operating and waste disposal costs. INSET: Other...
- How economical is collection/composting of source separated organics? // BioCycle;May97, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p27
Reports that Whatcom County and Recomp of Washington will conduct a study to determine whether providing source separated organics collection and composting is economically feasible.
- MANAGING FAST GROWTH AND RESIDUALS IN FOX VALLEY. Cooperband, Leslie // BioCycle;Dec2000, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p26
Deals with the feasibility study to be conducted on the organic waste management in the Fox River Valley of Northeast Wisconsin. Objective of the feasibility study; Role of farmers and municipal government officials in the feasibility study; Obstacles to land spreading or land-filling organic...
- Neighbors fight NYC plan. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;03/20/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p3
Reports the opposition of North Hempstead residents and officials to the acceptance of New York City wastes at transfer stations in Long Island, New York. Inclusion of Long Island in the list of waste destinations; Implications for the cancellation of negotiation between the town and the Waste...
- Chicago Suburb Expands Pilot Organics Collection Services. // Solid Waste Report;5/10/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the expansion of the pilot organics collection service initiative in the village of Oak Park in Chicago, Illinois in May 2013.
- DON'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT DEPARTMENT. // New Yorker;10/12/1981, Vol. 57 Issue 34, p196
An excerpt from the periodical "Daily Hampshire Gazette" about garbage disposal is presented.
- Celebrating the pioneers of recycling. // Waste & Recycling News;8/5/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p0027
The article offers information on the 'garbage barge' the Mobro 4000 barge that departed a pier on Long Island of New York on March 22, 1987, and which piled high with bales of trash generated in part in Islip, a town on Long Island.