Garbage Slogan Needed
- What a Waste! // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;04/16/2001, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p3
Presents a pie chart on types of garbage that were disposed in 1996.
- Chicken 'n egg with large scale commercial composting. // BioCycle;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p6
Points out hindrances to the creation of larger scale generator and composter for managing organic wastes. Interest of vendors in establishing merchant composting facilities; Generators' need for assurance from vendors on the processing of collected organics; Dialogue between generators,...
- Anaerobic digestion for household organics. Sinclair, R.; Kelleher, M. // BioCycle;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the use of anaerobic technology for processing household organics in the town of Brecht in Belgium. Development of dry anaerobic conversion process by Organic Waste Systems; Use of two stream household waste collection program; Operating and waste disposal costs. INSET: Other...
- How economical is collection/composting of source separated organics? // BioCycle;May97, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p27
Reports that Whatcom County and Recomp of Washington will conduct a study to determine whether providing source separated organics collection and composting is economically feasible.
- MANAGING FAST GROWTH AND RESIDUALS IN FOX VALLEY. Cooperband, Leslie // BioCycle;Dec2000, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p26
Deals with the feasibility study to be conducted on the organic waste management in the Fox River Valley of Northeast Wisconsin. Objective of the feasibility study; Role of farmers and municipal government officials in the feasibility study; Obstacles to land spreading or land-filling organic...
- Neighbors fight NYC plan. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;03/20/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p3
Reports the opposition of North Hempstead residents and officials to the acceptance of New York City wastes at transfer stations in Long Island, New York. Inclusion of Long Island in the list of waste destinations; Implications for the cancellation of negotiation between the town and the Waste...
- COLLECTING ORGANICS IN MULTIFAMILY BUILDINGS. // BioCycle;Nov2012, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the GreenCart Program organic waste collection program to be launched by the Halton Region in Toronto, Ontario, which will collect organic waste from the region's 565 multiresidential buildings.
- Food residuals management in Korea. Shin, Hang-Sik; Hwang, Eung-Ju // BioCycle;Oct97, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p69
Focuses on the food wastes and refuse disposal issues in South Korea in the 1990s. Drive for recycling and composting food residuals due to the limited amount of landfill space in the country; Availability of small-scale composting units to meet composting demands in individual houses.
- CURBSIDE ORGANICS COLLECTION. // BioCycle;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p10
The article offers information on the planning for the implementation of a pilot project related to the organic waste management in the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- THE TRASH CAN. // Frieze d/e;Winter2012, Issue 7, p136
The article offers the author's insights regarding the significant aspects of the trash can.