The effect of correct and consistent condom use on chlamidial and gonococcal infection among urban adolescents
- Sharp rise in new cases of gonorrhoea. // Independent Nurse;6/4/2012, p5
The article offers information on the increase of gonorrhea in England by 25 per cent last year as per the figures from the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
- Temas de InterÃ©s Sobre Sexualidad en Adolescentes. Libreros, Liliana; Fuentes, Luzmila; Pérez, Amílcar // Informe Medico;jan2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p31
No abstract available.
- Association Between Condom Use at Sexual Debut and Subsequent Sexual Trajectories: A Longitudinal Study Using Biomarkers. Shafii, Taraneh; Stovel, Katherine; Holmes, King // American Journal of Public Health;Jun2007, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p1090
Objectives. We compared subsequent sexual behaviors and risk of sexually transmitted infections among adolescents who did and did not use a condom at their sexual debut. Methods, We derived data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which followed a sample of 4018 sexually...
- CaracterizaÃ§Ã£o do uso do preservativo em jovens adultos portugueses. Gomes, Alexandra; Nunes, Cristina // AnÃ¡lise PsicolÃ³gica;out-dez2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p489
HIV infection rates have increased among Portuguese young adults, as in Europe and United Stated of America. Considering the pertinence of this fact this study aimed to characterize condom use among Portuguese young adults. The 1138 young adults that answered to the questionnaire disclosed an...
- Sexual Reproductive Health Lifestyle of Male Adolescents in Jamaica. Crawford, Tazhmoye; McGrowder, Donovan // European Journal of Scientific Research;Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p419
Adolescence marks the onset of sexuality and the adoption of behavioral patterns that may have lifelong implications for reproductive health. There is the early onset of sexual activity among adolescents in Jamaica. Understanding the reproductive attitudes and behavior of male adolescents 9 - 17...
- RE: CONDOM EFFICACY AGAINST GONORRHEA AND NONGONOCOCCAL URETHRITIS. Cates, Willard; Holmes, King K. // American Journal of Epidemiology;1996, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p843
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Condom Efficacy Against Gonorrhea And Nongonococcal Urethrttis," published in previous issue.
- Condom Use at First Intercourse with a New Partner in Female Adolescents and Young Adults: The Role of Cognitive Planning and Motives for Having Sex. Gebhardt, Winifred A.; Kuyper, Lisette; Dusseldorp, Elise // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Apr2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p213
This study examined the extent to which cognitive planning and motives for sex can explain condom use at first intercourse with young females' most recent partner. A total of 133 female adolescents completed a questionnaire on cognitive planning (i.e., mentally preparing oneself for discussing...
- Getting treatment to partners: The expedited partner therapy option. // Journal of Family Practice;Feb2009, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p80
The article discusses the use of expedited partner therapy (EPT) in treating patients with gonorrhea and Chlamydia. It cites the ability of EPT to decrease the recurrence and incidence rates for the diseases. It also indicates the contribution of EPT to beneficial behavioral changes including...
- Cover up or cool it? Sexual intercourse during therapy for bacterial sexually transmitted infections â€” a discussion of evidence for efficacy of condom use preventing transmission during an acute bacterial STI. Lee, John D.; Clarke, Janette // International Journal of STD & AIDS;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p285
Effective treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia needs sexual behaviour modification, in addition to antibiotics, to protect the index patient and their sexual partner from re-infection during treatment. This may mean advice to avoid sex, or to use...