THE ROLE OF SEXUAL FUNCTIONING IN THE SEXUAL DESIRE ADJUSTMENT AND PSYCHOSOCIAL ADAPTATION OF WOMEN WITH HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE
- Aspetti psico-relazionali dell'incontinenza urinaria nella sessualitÃ femminile. SIMONELLI, C.; TRIPODI, F.; VIZZARI, V.; ROSSI, R. // Urologia;2008, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p14
Urinary incontinence (UI) is a very common disorder in women, involving severe consequences on the patients' perception of quality of life and sexuality. The aim of this contribution is to analyze the psycho-relational aspects linked to UI, focusing on sexual activity, self-perception of sexual...
- Book Reviews: Understanding Sexuality Research. Muehlenhard, Charlene L.; Ritschel, Lorie A. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p504
No abstract available.
- Sex Scandal. Conroy, Jennifer // Self;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p101
Talks about sexual dysfunctions in women. Age when women have the highest incidence of sexual problems; Effect of the increased use of antidepressants; Things that are being developed to help women with sexual dysfunctions.
- Not in the MOOD? Cookson, Holly Robinson // Shape;May2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p130
Presents some causes and solutions by sexperts for lack of sexual desire in women. INSET: How sex therapy can help.
- What is known and what remains to be determined. Kohn, Ira J.; Kaplan, Steven A. // Contemporary Urology;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p54
Discusses the diagnosis and treatment of female sexual dysfunction. Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction; Events that may affect a woman's sexual desire; Categories of sexual dysfunction.
- Facing the changes. // U.S. News & World Report;11/18/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p53
Looks at the impact of menopause on six women, including Jen Plourde, 42, who began menopause at age 32; The views of Debora Vectirelis, 42, who underwent surgical menopause; Quotations from each woman about her experience with menopause; One woman's comments about the lack of sexual desire;...
- Is there sex after marriage? Bara, Brett; Bauman, Alisa; Boyles, Denis; Davis, Grant; Donahue, Amy; Good, Brian; Guterman, James; Hodgson, Michael; Lombardi, Marc; Lynch, Eamon; Lynch, Jennifer; Marion, Matthew; Matus, Jordan; Meade, Jeff; Van Tine, Julia; Wilson, Jennifer // Men's Health;Apr98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p47
Advises on how to increase a woman's sex drive. Probable cause of a woman's diminished libido; Significance of screening for testosterone level; Risks of taking testosterone supplements.
- sensate-focus technique. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p681
An encyclopedia entry for "sensate-focus technique" is presented. It refers to a technique taught to couple who are having problems with sexual intercourse that are seen to have been caused by psychological factors rather than physiological. It is used to treat loss of sexual desire or inability...
- For Minors, Postabortion Blues? Hollander, Dore // Family Planning Perspectives;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p243
This article focuses on the psychological effects of postabortion on minors. Minors who had abortions in selected San Francisco clinics were no more likely than women aged 18 or older to suffer short-term adverse psychological effects. Four weeks after having an abortion, 23 women younger than...