- Obituaries. // Manitoba History;Jun2005, Issue 49, p5
The article presents obituaries to three members of Manitoba Historical Society (MHS). Beryl Joyce Thompson died in Winnipeg on April 16, 2005. She and her late husband M.R. Thompson were MHS members for many years. Ruben Bellan, a long-time MHS member died in Winnipeg on April 17 at 86 years of...
- Death Notices. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine (Supplement);Jan2013, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p34
The article presents obituaries for several former members of the Royal Society of Medicine, including Pamela Eileen Aylett, Ashley Cooper and Maurice Garretts.
- Avoid Pitfalls While Writing Your Will. // Good Medicine;Summer2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p19
The article reviews the website located at PCRM.org/Will, from the nonprofit organization Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
- DECEASED MEMBERS 1884 through 2014. // Transactions of the American Clinical & Climatological Associati;2015, Vol. 126, pxv
A list of deceased members the American Clinical and Climatological Association (ACCA) during 1884-2014 is presented including Harry L. Barnes, Roy D. Adams and Kenneth E. Appel.
- Beggars' Island. // Time;
The article presents information on the state of Koje Island, South Korea in January 1952, where the United Nations (UN) kept its war prisoners and civilian internees in 1952. The war prisoners consisted of approximately 17,000 Chinese and 110,000 North Koreans. According to colonel Maurice J....
- St. John's. Harding, Jessica // Canadian Geographic Travel;Fall2012 Supplement, p17
The article offers information on the events and venues in Newfoundland and Labrador. It cites the Ear East Photography tour which will be headed by Maurice Fitzgerald who will provide cultural and historic perspective on St. John's. It highlights the 5.5 metre ceilings and Edwardian...
- Auntie Pat. Drife, James Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/25/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7272, p1357
Presents the thoughts of the author after learning of the death of the secretary of the Royal Medical Society in Edinburgh, Scotland, of which the author was a member. Information on the society; How Pat Strong, known as Auntie Pat, was hired for the position; Her appreciation for and use of...
- Remembering Kim Howe: A Voice for Compassion. // Good Medicine;Spring2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p11
An obituary for Kim Howe, a dedicated supporter and member of the Physicians Committee, is presented.
- The Battle of Compound 62. // Time;
The article details the battle between the U.S. 27th (Wolfhound) Regiment and the communist prisoners at Compound 62 of the prison camp on Koje Island in South Korea in 1952. U.S. Colonel Maurice J. Fitzgerald has ordered the Wolfhound to screen Compound 62 to give the non-communists the...