- The dangers of mass tort litigation. Muehlbauer, Eric J.; Collins, Shawn M. // Association Management;June97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p71
Presents information on how associations can protect themselves against mass tort litigation. Definition of mass tort litigation; Reason why persons would sue an association; Example of mass tort problem faced by North American Spine Society. INSET: Recommended reading..
- Section 230: Help with Web site liability. Jacobs, Jerald A.; Wynbrandt, Robert A. // Association Management;Nov97, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p94
Assesses federal legislation that would benefit associations that are concerned about civil liability arising from Web site content posted by third parties. Provisions of the legislation; How legislation will protect associations; Limitations of legislation.
- Texas reform may not offer immediate relief. Perry, Kristen M. // Urology Times;Dec2002, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p18
Determines the creation of medical liability reform platform by the Texas Medical Association. Establishment of legislation regulating medical practice; Views of urologist Gerald J. Frankel on the issue; Factors influencing residency training program of physicians.
- Insurance cos., contractors seek immunity for defects. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/31/98-09/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p26
Unveils the proposed measure from the New Yorkers for Civil Justice Reform (NYCJR), that would ban lawsuits for lost business, personal injuries and deaths caused by faulty construction. Implications of the proposal; Acting manager of the coalition; Comments from Laura Murray of the Alliance...
- Breaking away. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;7/28/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p12
Deals with the advocacy effort of a coalition of doctors' specialty societies for medical liability reform in the U.S. Amount that the societies have agreed to contribute for the public relations campaign promoting medical liability reform; Reasons for the decision of the societies to form a...
- New tort claims pose increasing risk. Jacobs, Jerald A. // Association Management;June97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p62
Presents advice on how associations can deal with programmatic tort claims. Definition of tort claim; Tort claims as major threat to associations; Association programs as targets for programmatic tort claims; How programmatic claims against associations usually arise. INSET: ASAE resources..
- Association liability bills introduced. // Association Management;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the introduction of two bills in United States Congress, which relate to the liability of associations. Details of each bill; Names of congressmen responsible for each bill.
- Steering group studies liability question. // Accountancy;Dec1993, Vol. 112 Issue 1204, p13
The article reports on the setting up of a steering group by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to look into the question of professional liability. The top eight firms in Great Britain joined together to lobby for changes in the professional liability law of the...
- ASAE pushes for expansion of volunteer protection law. // Association Management;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p7
Reports that Brian T. Pallash, director of government affairs for the American Subcontractors Association, while testifying in front of the Senate Commerce Committee's Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs, stated that liability protection should be extended to voluntary organizations. Removal of...