Crohn's disease: A naturopathic approach
- Gastrocolic Fistula in Crohn's Disease. McDaniel Jr., N. Troy; Bluth, Edward I.; Ray, John E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1982, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p588
Presents a case study about the formation of a gastrocolic fistula in Crohn's Disease. Discussion on the case of a 26-year-old woman with a history of inflammatory bowel disease; Result of the diagnosis conducted to the patient; Analysis of the result of the study.
- ManifestÄƒri extraintestinale Ã®n bolile inflamatorii intestinale - provocÄƒri vechi Åži terapii noi. VOIOSU, THEODOR; GIURCAN, ROXANA; ZAHIU, CARMEN; VOIOSU, RADU // Romanian Journal of Medical Practice;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p251
Intestinal inflammatory diseases (IID), represented by ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's Disease, are now considered systemic pathologies with manifestations mainly digestive. Among intestinal inflammatory diseases, there must be made a difference between extra intestinal manifestations and...
- Living with...CROHN'S DISEASE. Hunter, Andrew // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Sep2004, p30
Provides information on Crohn's disease in men. Symptoms of the disease; Treatment of the disease.
- Clinical significance of azathioprine active metabolite concentrations in inflammatory bowel disease. Wright, S.; Sanders, D. S.; Lobo, A. J.; Lennard, L. // Gut;Aug2004, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p1123
Background and aims: There are conflicting reports on the role of azathioprine (AZA) thioguanine nucleotide (TGN) metabolites in optimising therapy for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The aim of this study was to investigate TGN intrapatient variation, and the relationship between TGN...
- Critical comment: analyzing the effect of novel therapies on cytokine expression in inflammatory bowel disease: do cytokine levels reflect clinical response? Wittig, B. M.; Zeitz, M. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Nov2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p505
Over the past several years, research in the field of cytokine production and function has become indispensable to understand the immunopathology of chronic intestinal inflammation. Thereupon, clinical studies analyzing cytokine production have generated a tremendous amount of data. In patients...
- Crohn's disease. Drobot, Chantelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Dec2004, Issue 266, p34
Focuses on different health improving alternatives for persons with Crohn's disease. Characteristics of the disease; Role of dietary factors in digestion; Citation of food substitutes; Importance of fiber.
- Anorectal Crohn's Disease: Surgical and Medical Management. Aronoff, J.S.; Korelitz, B.I.; Sohn, N.; Ky, A.; Rajapakse, R.; Weinstein, M.A.; Cohen, F.S. // BioDrugs;2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
In some patients with Crohn's disease the anorectal complications are the major cause of symptoms and morbidity. Anorectal Crohn's disease may be present in patients with intestinal Crohn's disease, may be the initial manifestation of the disease, or rarely occurs without involvement of Crohn's...
- Increased Intestinal Permeability in Patients with Crohn's Disease and Their Relatives. Hollander, Daniel; Vadheim, Constance M.; Brettholz, Edward; Pettersen, Gloria M.; Delahunty, Thomas; Rotter, Jerome I. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec86, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p883
Presents a study that examined the role of increase intestinal permeability in patients with Crohn's disease. Causes of Crohn's disease; Methodology of the study; Discussion on the result of the study.
- The patient with Crohn's disease. Klonowski, Eileen Ivantic; Masoodi, Joyce E.; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Mar99, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p32
Discusses strategies for the diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Number of factors that play a role in the disease; Difficulty of diagnosis due to absence of symptoms; Drug treatment that can cause problems; Necessity of surgical intervention; Causes of the disease. INSET: Crohn's...