Crohn's disease: A naturopathic approach
- Gastrocolic Fistula in Crohn's Disease. McDaniel Jr., N. Troy; Bluth, Edward I.; Ray, John E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1982, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p588
Presents a case study about the formation of a gastrocolic fistula in Crohn's Disease. Discussion on the case of a 26-year-old woman with a history of inflammatory bowel disease; Result of the diagnosis conducted to the patient; Analysis of the result of the study.
- Clinical significance of azathioprine active metabolite concentrations in inflammatory bowel disease. Wright, S.; Sanders, D. S.; Lobo, A. J.; Lennard, L. // Gut;Aug2004, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p1123
Background and aims: There are conflicting reports on the role of azathioprine (AZA) thioguanine nucleotide (TGN) metabolites in optimising therapy for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The aim of this study was to investigate TGN intrapatient variation, and the relationship between TGN...
- Critical comment: analyzing the effect of novel therapies on cytokine expression in inflammatory bowel disease: do cytokine levels reflect clinical response? Wittig, B. M.; Zeitz, M. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Nov2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p505
Over the past several years, research in the field of cytokine production and function has become indispensable to understand the immunopathology of chronic intestinal inflammation. Thereupon, clinical studies analyzing cytokine production have generated a tremendous amount of data. In patients...
- ManifestÄƒri extraintestinale Ã®n bolile inflamatorii intestinale - provocÄƒri vechi Åži terapii noi. VOIOSU, THEODOR; GIURCAN, ROXANA; ZAHIU, CARMEN; VOIOSU, RADU // Romanian Journal of Medical Practice;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p251
Intestinal inflammatory diseases (IID), represented by ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's Disease, are now considered systemic pathologies with manifestations mainly digestive. Among intestinal inflammatory diseases, there must be made a difference between extra intestinal manifestations and...
- Living with...CROHN'S DISEASE. Hunter, Andrew // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Sep2004, p30
Provides information on Crohn's disease in men. Symptoms of the disease; Treatment of the disease.
- Crohn's disease. Drobot, Chantelle // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Dec2004, Issue 266, p34
Focuses on different health improving alternatives for persons with Crohn's disease. Characteristics of the disease; Role of dietary factors in digestion; Citation of food substitutes; Importance of fiber.
- Stones, Crohn's disease, and Meckel's diverticulum. Harvey, I.C.; White, H.J.O. // British Medical Journal;11/6/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6044, p1107
Examines the presence of stones in a Meckel's diverticulum. Characteristics of the stones; Cause of the formation of the stones in a diverticulum; Association between Meckel's diverticulum and Crohn's disease.
- Inflammatory bowel disease in the West Indies. Bartholomew, Courtenay; Butler, Alan // British Medical Journal;10/6/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6194, p824
Reports cases of patients with inflammatory bowel disease in West Indies. Examination of stools for the presence of bacteria; Diagnosis of ulcerative colitis; Rarity of Crohn's disease in India and Pakistan.
- Anorectal Crohn's Disease: Surgical and Medical Management. Aronoff, J.S.; Korelitz, B.I.; Sohn, N.; Ky, A.; Rajapakse, R.; Weinstein, M.A.; Cohen, F.S. // BioDrugs;2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
In some patients with Crohn's disease the anorectal complications are the major cause of symptoms and morbidity. Anorectal Crohn's disease may be present in patients with intestinal Crohn's disease, may be the initial manifestation of the disease, or rarely occurs without involvement of Crohn's...