Scaring Up the Screams
- MASTERS OF HORROR: COLLECTORS EDITION ONE. Kempshall, Pete // NW;11/6/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p83
The article reviews "Masters of Horror: Collectors Edition One," a box set of episodes from the television program "Masters of Horror," released on DVD format.
- SCARING UP DINNER. Cohen, David S. // Variety;4/4/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 7, p84
Presents information on the pre-production celebration for the horror anthology series "Masters of Horror" on March 30, 2005 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Organizers of the event; Statement issued by Stephen Brown from IDT Entertainment on the series; Celebrities who attended the event.
- 'I'll give you television, I'll give you eyes of blue, I'll give you a man who wants to rule the world': The commodification of women and the desire for the West in Takashi Miike's Imprint. Green, Amy M. // Horror Studies;Apr2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p39
The theme of sacrificed identity resonates in popular film and television culture, and is especially exemplified in Imprint, a short film commissioned for the Masters of Horror series, which originally aired on Showtime from 2005 to 2007. Imprint was originally released in 2006, although due to...
- Cheers for Fears. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p36
Provides information on several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. which opened in November 2005, including "Ghost Whisperer."
- Year in Fear. // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p44
Presents a schedule for the release of several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. from October 2005 to October 2006.
- 'Masters of Horror' Makes Its Way to DVD. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;4/2/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the launch of the horror television series "Masters of Horror" on DVD format. Background of the horror television program; Two "Masters of Horror" DVD that are officially on store shelves from Anchor Bay Home Entertainment; Remarks from horror film director Stuart Gordon regarding...
- 'IMPRINT' Collis, Clark // Entertainment Weekly;10/27/2006, Issue 904, p59
The article reviews "Imprint," an episode from the television series "Masters of Horror," released on DVD format, starring Billy Drago.
- Horror mavens meet. Cohen, David S. // Variety;4/10/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 8, p44
The article presents information on an event conducted at the Ivar in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California on April 4, 2006, in celebration of the start of the second-season production of the television program Masters of Horror. Celebrity Eli Roth mentioned how Masters of Horror started. It also...
- Things That Go Clunk in the Night. LEONARD, JOHN // New York;10/30/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p98
The article reviews several horror motion pictures made for television including "Masters of Horror," "Pumpkinhead III: Ashes to Ashes," and "The House Next Door." INSET: BACKSTORY.