SBC Climbs the Video Mountain
- Ex-Screener Starts His Own Adult Net. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p4
Reports the establishment of Pay-Per-View Adult Network. Services offered by the network; Cost of subscription; Creation of an online video-on-demand service for the network.
- Dish Pays for Its Big Sub Gains. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
Details the increased number of subscribers of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the United States. Review of the total business policy of the company; Emphasis on digital video recording; Partnerships with several digital subscriber line high-speed-data providers.
- EchoStar Reveals New Subscriber Churn Program. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p22
Reports the retail program of Echostar Communications Corp. aimed at controlling subscriber churn program in Littleton, Colorado. Pattern of the subscriber churn program; Cost of the subscriber churn program; Reasons for the subscriber losses.
- EchoStar family tier not retailer-friendly. Zeithchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p23
The article examines the stipulation in the new offering of EchoStar Communications Corp. with retailers in the U.S. The new offering focuses on children, news and educational programming. One of the provisions deducts 100 dollars from the 300 dollars retailers paid for selling the system to a...
- STUDIOS' VOTE ON VOD MIXED. // Variety;7/30/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the decision of Universal Pictures company to sell its motion pictures to In Demand, a pay-per-view (PPV) distributor, for use in a separate window for video-on-demand (VOD). Significance of the deal on the growth of VOD in the United States; Factors which affect the popularity of VOD.
- Cable's Triple Play Keeps Heat on DBS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p54
The article reports on the declining subscribers of DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications in the U.S. According to Sanford Bernstein cable and satellite analyst Craig Moffett, the decrease of subscribers in both companies is a result of their struggle to offer triple-play package of voice,...
- EchoStar on rise as subs paying more. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p4
Presents the financial result of EchoStar Communications Corp. during the second quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Increase in the profits of the company as customers paid higher prices for satellite television; Detection of a slower subscriber growth of the company; Net profit of the company during...
- ECHO'S ERODING ORBIT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/15/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 50, p7
Focuses on the impact of the competition faced by EchoStar Communications from DirecTV Inc. on the subscription of cable television in the U.S. Need for the company to spend more to attract new customers; Move of investors to trade their stocks; Cost of the company in the acquisition of a new...
- WILL FEDS DIS DISH? Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/30/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the history made by EchoStar and Hughes Electronics by creating a satellite service they claim will transform the pay television market in the United States. Threat posed to cable operators; Concern about the antitrust issue following the deal; Impact of the announcement on News...