Bluestreak Talks Up ITV Potential
- What's My Online? Poniewozik, James // Time;12/6/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 23, p98
Discusses the introduction of an interactive music-trivia program on Music Television (MTV) cable network called `webRIOT.' Description of the game and equipment needed; Goal of creating audience loyalty for MTV.
- Navigating Main Street: A user's experience with interactive TV. Eliezer, Caren // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;1/16/95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Presents an overview of the author's observations and experiences as a customer of the GTE Main Street interactive television service. Delivery of service to subscribers' homes through an existing cable system; Advertising; Accessibility for non-computer users; Settop box; Remote control; User...
- TiVo Delivers Ipreview Feature. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p23
Reports on television networks, Showtime and Home & Garden TV's announcement, during a Digital Hollywood seminar on interactive television, that they will use the Ipreview function on TiVo's personal video recorders service. Sony's launched of the Digital Network Recorder; Capabilities and...
- Swimming against the tide. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;05/18/98, Vol. 234 Issue 20, p114
Reports on GTE mainStreet cable television network's launch of its interactive television service in Thousand Oaks, California and Clearwater, Florida. Partnership with Spyglass Inc. to provide its Mosaic browser as well as Prism and Surfwatch software package; Plan to offer the service...
- GTE goes to the Oscars. Wetli, Patty // America's Network;3/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p20
Reports on GTE Main Street's interactive television poll that will let viewers of the American Academy Awards predict the winners in its 21 categories. GTE's commitment to interactive television; Comments of GTE's Main Street senior vice president for programming Bob Regan regarding interactive...
- Interactive guide. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the launching of Quikvue, an interactive program guide, on Time Warner's Greater Rochester Cable (GRC) system in New York. Prevue Networks as the developer of the system; Availability to GRC customers through Scientific-Atlanta's SA 8600X interactive set-top converters.
- You direct the sportscast. Hecox, Jeff; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;Jul95, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the L.A. Project, which gives a peek into a more personalized form of television for Ventura County Cablevision customers in Los Angeles, California. Programming supplied by ACTV with Prime Sports and Turner Educational Services; Description of the L.A. Project; Pricing planned for...
- MTV Hits set to provide 24-hour interactive TV. // Music Week;2/16/2002, Issue 6, p3
Reports on the first picture-based interactive television service launched by Music Television (MTV) for its MTV Hits channel. Features of the interactive service.
- Best of BBC Three service tests the waters for on-demand TV. Gronmark, Scott // New Media Age;5/26/2005, p27
This article presents the author's opinion on a decision by BBC Three to venture into on-demand television with the launch of the television program Best of Three, as of May 2005. It is very simple, four video thumbnails across the top half of the screen offer viewers a choice of Funny, Drama...