Pocketing an ITV Deal
- Tandberg strikes interactive gold. // CED;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that Tandberg Television has signed a deal to acquire GoldPocket Interactive Inc. in a cash and stock transaction valued at $78.5 million. GoldPocket develops and markets iTV software creation and management platforms for service operators and content providers. It is...
- Tandberg TV buys GoldPocket. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/18/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 21, p83
This article reports that GoldPocket Interactive Inc., an early player in the still-nascent U.S. interactive television market, agreed to be acquired for $78.5 million by Norway-based Tandberg Television. Tandberg said that it will pay $56.7 million in cash for GoldPocket and an additional $21.8...
- Tandberg Television strengthens move into Internet TV. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2006, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of software developer Zetools Inc. by Tandberg Television. The move enables Tandberg to support content owners and operators as they look to build Internet television (TV) and broadband businesses. Tandberg is increasing its ability to produce video content...
- Tandberg & TVWorks demonstrate T-Commerce application. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2007, p6
The article reports on the demonstration of a live television (T)-commerce application by Tandberg Television at the "Cable Show '07" of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA). It says that the application uses the TVWorks enhanced television programming (ETV) Platform and is...
- ITV. // CableFAX Daily;11/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 223, p1
The article offers news briefs on interactive television as of November 2005. There has been reports that some households in Green Bay, Wisconsin have been testing an interactive fantasy football application. Tandberg has completed its acquisition of GoldPocket Interactive for $80 million.
- Comcast Opens VOD Ad Floodgate. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the partnership agreement entered into by Comcast with Tandberg Television to use a technology that would insert advertising into its video-on-demand (VOD) programming in the U.S. The practice of baking advertisements has prohibited advertising opportunities in VOD...
- New front-end for S4M's C2M. // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p30
Reports the design modification of Content to Media software solution from S4M. Applicability of the system in interactive television; Provides user to check layouts of target media; Usage of Java technology.
- TV for your PC. // Australian PC User;Jan2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p56
The article offers information on digital and analog television tuners available in the market and its corresponding third-party software.
- ITV merger sees mixed response. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);10/18/2002, Issue 41, p5
Reports the merger between the interactive television Granada and Carlton in Great Britain. Apprehension of the advertisers on price inflation; Disapproval of the commercial directors; Criticism concerning the merger.