No Slowdown for High-Speed Internet
- Big things are in pipeline for cable. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2006, p22
The article reports on some of the activities of the cable companies in Great Britain. In Great Britain, Freeview has installed 10 million digital boxes in 6.4 million homes, closing the gap dramatically on Sky's 8 million satellite homes, while cable lags with 2.7m digital homes. Apart from...
- WHO'S THE FASTEST IN BROADBAND? Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p40
Focuses on issues concerning the dispute between cable television networks and telephone companies over broadband connection speed for their Internet services in the U.S. Factors that affect broadband allocation; Details of the computation for the downstream speed available to customers of...
- `I want my MTV...online'. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p42
Reports on the online programming of MTV on the Internet. Positioning as the preeminent source for information about pop music; Work with recording labels; Previous relationship with America Online.
- MTV Sleaze on Internet. // Quill;Jan94, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the availability of the Cyber-Sleaze electronic report from MTV on the Internet.
- Channel 4 to increase online spending. Dunkley, Cathy // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, p171
Reports on plans of the British commercial terrestrial broadcaster Channel 4 to quadruple its Internet spending to 15 million pounds. Plan to launch six online businesses; Other plans including film site, movie database horse racing site and linked educational sites.
- Apple TV may drive broadband. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/3/2015, pA02
The article reports on the projected increase in the number of cable television companies' broadband subscribers over their video customers by the end of 2016.
- Montgomery County Goes Live. KOVACS, BOB // Government Video;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on how Montgomery County, Maryland's Office of Cable and Communications has come up with a plan to feed simultaneous programs to different county population centers, using government channels on three local cable companies. It is informed that the county used Internet in the...
- TV confronts a tangled Web. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;03/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the discussion of the Internet's impact on television at the New York NATAS TV/Internet conference held in March 2000. Challenge of developing content for both television and the Internet; Music Television's experimentation with TV-Internet convergence with the launch of webRiot, a...
- BC Week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/14/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p9
The article talks about the approaches used by television networks and studios towards achieving profitability in their online contents.