- Sub growth fuels Cogeco's Q3 earnings. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/11/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 9, p71
The article focuses on the financial performance of Montreal, Quebec-based Canadian cable broadcaster Cogeco Cable Inc. for the third quarter of its current financial year. The company's earnings increased by 50% in comparison to those in the same period last year. The company is the...
- Will Stocks of Cable Ever Be Stable? Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p32
The author reflects on the implications of the instability of cable stocks for cable operators in the U.S. He mentions that in 2007, stocks had a 28% decline, an increase by 40% in 2006 and down 10% in 2005 and 8% decrease in 2004. He explains that the up-and-down stock price would give cable...
- PPV quarterly numbers lack punch. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;10/23/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the revenue loss posted by cable television network PPV form the third quarter of 2000 according to a report from Showtime Event Television Pay Per View. Revenues from boxing and wrestling events.
- B'casters can't sweep away TBS, ESPN, Nick. Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;12/06/99, Vol. 377 Issue 4A, p28
Looks at the posted earnings of cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. TBS; ESPN; Nickelodeon.
- For The Record. // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p62
Presents a round-up of news about the United States cable television as of November 2000. 1999 revenue increase posted by cable operators and satellite providers, according to a Veronis Suhler Associates report; Pegasus Communications Corp.'s creation of Pegasus Broadband Communications Inc.;...
- All systems go for Cablevision. Kolodny, Lord // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/28/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. on Monday reported fourth-quarter earnings that exceeded Wall Street estimates as it continued to sign up advanced service customers and its basic cable subscriber count grew for a seventh consecutive quarter. Cablevision shares closed up 5% on...
- Company Overview. // Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis;May2007, p4
An overview of Fox Entertainment Group Inc., an entertainment company, is presented. Information is presented about financial year, as well as principal business offered, including worldwide distribution of feature films and television programs, television broadcasting and cable network programming.
- Company Overview. // Societe Television Francaise 1 (TF1) SWOT Analysis;Jan2008, p4
An overview of Societe Television Francaise 1, an integrated communications group and its activities cover audiovisual industry, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in the fiscal year ended December 2005, as well as its corporate headquarter.
- SWOT Analysis. // Societe Television Francaise 1 (TF1) SWOT Analysis;Jan2008, p5
A business analysis of Societe Television Francaise 1, an integrated communications group and its activities cover audiovisual industry, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include strong market position in...