- Ownership change doesn't cut Lifetime's lifeline. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p6
Reports on cable network Lifetime Television's plans to retain its operations despite a change in ownership after Viacom International Inc. sold its interest in the network. Viacom's sale of the assets at Lifetime after its merger with Paramount Communications Inc.; Management changes at...
- VH-1, Nick go to UK. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 27, p17
Reports on plans by Viacom international to launch cable networks VH-1 and Nick at Nite and a version of Nickelodeon in the United Kingdom in 1994. Video network operations of VH-1 as a London-based service managed by MTV Europe; Nick at Nite as a joint venture with British Sky Broadcasting...
- CapCities/ABC, Hearst buy Par Lifetime stake. Flint, Joe // Variety;4/4/94, Vol. 354 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on Paramount Viacom International Inc.'s unloading of its stake in basic-cable network Lifetime to its partners CapitalCities/ABC and Hearst Corporation. Plans for Viacom's cable systems; Asking price; Debts of Viacom; Plans for television stations.
- Par channel preps British `ET'. Mallalieu, Ben // Hollywood Reporter;11/2/95, Vol. 339 Issue 34, p12
Reports on Viacom's Paramount Channel's plan to do a British version of the television program `Entertainment Tonight' in Great Britain. Ownership of Paramount Channel.
- Hallmark's Odyssey Takes New Tack. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/02/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the renaming of the Odyssey cable television channel to Hallmark Channel. Parent firm Crown Media Holdings Inc.'s reasons for changing the channel's name; Multimedia promotional and advertising campaign that will precede the changeover to Hallmark Channel.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.