Ex-Spike Chief Hangs His Shingle
- Digital winners and losers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, European Media p4
Focuses on the advent of digital television on pan-European television stations, including Music Television (MTV) and Eurosport. Concerns of international broadcasters; Reference to the advent of satellite television; Information on Superchannel, which was the leader in British broadcasting;...
- No more embarrassment as ITV finally enters the digital world. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p20
Comments on the entry of ITV into the digital satellite in Great Britain. Cost to be prepared for the development of digital services; Retail price of the free-to-air package; Plans to increase the number of subscribers.
- Just do it. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p70
Editorial. Comments on the entry of digital television via DBS. Impact of talks about the high-definition television on broadcasters; Difficulties encountered with the set-top box; Extra channel as a way to digital for broadcasters.
- Cable nets do digital. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p6
Presents information on the unveiling of digital cable networks by Music Television Networks (MTVN) and Lifetime Television, two cable television networks. Details on MTVN's two music networks; Information on a seven-pack of video services called `The Suite'; Comments from Geraldine Laybourne,...
- Advertisers advised to prepare for widescreen. // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p12
Reports that advertisers are being warned that campaigns must be shot to fit widescreen digital television, by ITV company. What could possibly happen if campaigns are not shot to fit these televisions; When ITV is expected to start broadcasting in both analogue and digital formats; Comments by...
- Puppy Love. Kuchinskas, Susan // Brandweek;03/15/99, Vol. 40 Issue 11, Interactive Quarterly p4
Reports on the launch of the Internet/television media, thepuppychannel.com. What The Puppy Channel will offer; People behind the concept.
- Battle stations. Tilles, Daniel // Adweek Western Edition;5/20/96, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p37
Focuses on the efforts of free and pay-television providers in Europe to compete in the digital television market. Companies' equity stakes in their corporate rivals; Estimated value of the pay television industry; Impact of high-quality digital television on free pan-European television...
- Barcelona exposes digital TV vacuum. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;3/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p12
Highlights the 1999 TV Barcelona conference. Dawn of interactive and digital television; Improvement of the performance of ITV; Concerns of advertisers.
- Star first for digital. Sullivan, Maureen // Variety;10/18/99, Vol. 376 Issue 9, p33
Reports on the application of Star TV network for a license to provide digital pay television (DTV) service in Hong Kong, China. Features of the service; Significance of DTV; Comments from Gary Davey and Gareth Chang of Star TV.