Disney Film Casts Ratings Spell
- THE RISING TIDE. Brunelli, Richard // Adweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pS2
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on cable television finance. Ratings for prime time television programs presented on cable networks have become competitive with those presented by the broadcast networks. This has resulted in increased advertising rates and sales for...
- Cable Nets Kick Sand In Face of Broadcast. Consoli, John; Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;8/6/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 29, p6
The article reports that original prime time television programs on cable networks have enjoyed significant ratings success in the summer of 2007 while reruns of programs by the broadcast television networks have suffered sharp declines. Five of the nine cable programs presenting new material...
- NIELSEN FEB. 5-11 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 8, p22
Charts are presented listing the Nielsen ratings for broadcast and cable television programs in prime time during the week of February 5-11, 2007, including the ratings of each show shown on the broadcast networks, the networks' overall ratings average, and the ten highest rated cable programs.
- Nielsen Primetime Ratings Report. // Daily Variety;2/27/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 37, p6
Several charts are presented that show primetime ratings in the U.S. for the week of February 18-24, 2008, including the top shows in the 18-49 age group, the top cable networks and the top shows in the 12-34 age bracket.
- RATINGS Wizard. Robbins, Stephanie // Television Week;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p18
Tables showing information on the weekly prime-time television ratings, the top television programs and the top ten cable network ratings for the week of February 19 to 25, 2007 in the U.S. are presented.
- USA, Disney Head 1st-Quarter Nielsen Pack. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p32
Presents information on the primetime ratings received by U.S. cable television networks in the first quarter extending from December 26, 2005 to March 26, 2006., based on Nielsen Media Research data. Household ratings received by USA Network; Percentage of increase in household ratings of...
- FX. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC28
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network FX, operated by Fox Broadcasting. Ratings for television programs broadcast by the network are examined, particularly those for its television broadcasts of films and for syndicated television programs....
- Programming Booms As Cable Grows Up. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p8
Highlights developments in cable television networks in the U.S. as of August 2005. Primetime audience share of advertising-supported cable networks as compared to television broadcasts; Rise in the production of original movies and series; Outlook for content providers.
- You'll Laugh, You'll Cry. // Adweek;5/25/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 21, special section p1
The authors offer opinions on the so-called "upfront" sales period for television advertising for prime time television programs in the 2009-2010 television season. Broadcast and cable television networks are said to be uneasily attempting to cope with the effects of technological innovations...