- Comcast Grows to 10 Ad-Sales Interconnects. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p61
Reports that United States cable television operator Comcast Corp. is growing its advertising-sales interconnects. Comments from advertising sales executive Roger Sverdlik.
- Battle-Scarred But Ready to Do Battle. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the efforts of the Sacramento, California division of Comcast Corp. to improve its cable subscriber base. Information on the subscriber losses of Comcast in the Sacramento area in 2002 due to direct broadcast satellite services; Plans of regional vice president Ruth Blank for the...
- Ad Target: Baltimore. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p49
The article discusses a six-moth limited trial of a targeted-ad system by Comcast to 70,000 digital-cable households in the Baltimore, Maryland area. The system will deliver different ads to set-top boxes based on the demographic profile of subscribers. The targeted ads will appear on eight...
- Comcast Starting Infomercial Net. Tiegel, Eliot // Television Week;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the launch of TV101 infomercial channel by Comcast in cable systems in Los Angeles, California on March 29, 2004. Significance of the channel to local entrepreneurs; Cost of placing infomercials in the channel; Types of local businesses targeted by the channel.
- Comcast's Digital Strategy: Make 'Em Laugh. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p34
Reports that Comcast Corp. has created an impressive collection of 30-second television ad spots in an effort to educate subscribers about digital cable's varied benefits. Features of the TV spots; Secret to getting the benefits across in a short spot; Ad agency that produced the spots.
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.