Networks Think Outside the Box
- Dedicated to the Hungry Fanatic. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/4/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 31, p12
Presents several news items related to television broadcasting of sports. Money spent by U.S.-based cable television network Outdoor Life Network on cycle sports; Digital sports services offered by AOL Time Warner Inc.; Plans of Football Network to launch 250 games in the year 2004.
- SPOT THE BALLâ€¦. // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2006 Supplement, p18
The article reports on the criticisms to the plans of Belgacom to launch Internet Protocol television over digital subscriber line services in Belgium. It was criticized for not upgrading its access network for the ADSL2 bearer which experts said the operator would need to support...
- Playing the Online Field. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p30
The article discusses the advantages of live streaming for sporting events. It is stated that live streaming is providing new opportunities to fans, TV networks, leagues, Internet providers and advertisers. It is mentioned that streaming provides a personalized sports experience on the Internet...
- Future of sports television. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;May2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p30
The article features the broadcasting company Narrowstep. The company, known as the television on the Internet company, is a provider of broadband television services and has led the television over IP charge in the broadcast industry, in particular for sports organizations and sporting events....
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.