Gemstar Goes After Web Targeters
- Gemstar plunges on IPG ruling. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/25/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the decline in the shares of Gemstar-TV Guide International following a ruling against the provider of interactive program guides in a patent lawsuit in the U.S. Percentage decline; Reaction of chief executive officer Henry Yuen to the validation of Gemstar's patents; Impact of the...
- Gemstar-TV Guide Files Dish Lawsuit. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p24
Reports the patent infringement suit filed by Gemstar-TV Guide against EchoStar for using an onscreen-programming guide in Pasadena, California.
- Gemstar further blemished in court. Amour, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/5/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the U.S. patent infringement lawsuit filed by Gemstar-TV Guide against set-top box maker Scientific-Atlanta. Facts of the case; Aspects of decision of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia in favor of Scientific-Atlanta.
- Patent Battles Rage Anew. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p47
Reports that United States-based satellite television company EchoStar Communications Corp. has filed a counter patent infringement lawsuit against Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. as of December 11, 2000. Background on other patent infringement lawsuits in the satellite television industry...
- Gemstar, TiVo settle patent suit. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/10/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 1, p57
Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., maker of an interactive television program guide, and digital video recorder producer TiVo Inc. said on June 9, 2003 that they have settled their patent dispute, and TiVo will offer Gemstar content on its system. As part of the agreement, TiVo will take a...
- RULING HITS GEMSTAR. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/24/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 16, p4
Reports that a judge for the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against Gemstar TV Guide in a key patent case. Implications of the case on News Corp.'s investment in the company; Details of the copyright infringement case.
- Gemstar settles collusion charges. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/7/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the settlement of the collusion charges filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against Gemstar-TV Guide International. Amount owed by the troubled company to the government; Comments of the DOJ on the electronic programming guide business of Gemstar; Details on the restatement of...
- Time Warner Presses Case In VBI Fight. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.'s withdrawal of its lawsuit against Time Warner Cable over the stripping of Gemstar's electronic program guide data from off-air television signals. Time Warner's contention that Gemstar was not entitled to terminate the case on its own; Complaint...
- Gemstar settles lawsuits. // Daily Variety;1/5/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p14
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International, publisher of "TV Guide" has settled the remaining lawsuits from shareholders who claimed the company inflated revenue from 1999 through 2002 to boost its stock price.