Players Network Places Bet on VOD
- COMCAST LAUNCHES CLOUD-BASED VIDEO PLATFORM IN WA. // CD Computing News;
The article reports that global media and technology company Comcast Corporation launched, X1 Platform, a cloud-base interactive television experience from XFINITY in Washington state.
- Comcast Launches X1 In Keystone Region - Next-Generation Cloud-Based Video Platform Now Available. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;1/17/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
The article evaluates cloud-based interactive television experience, the X1 platform from Xfinity from Comcast, a global media and technology company.
- Little 'i,' BIG 'TV' Birkmaier, Craig // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the business plans of the interactive television networks in the U.S. Deployment of a video-on-demand service; Offer of choices to the cable subscribers; Upgrade of the network to support digital services.
- John Henry. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;02/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p16
Presents an interview with Crown Interactive Chief Executive Officer John Henry on interactive television properties in the United States. Views on interactive television properties; Opinion on personalized greeting card delivery; Availability of the technology.
- TiVo no longer stand(s)alone. Reedy, Sarah // Telephony;10/22/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p8
The article reports that TiVo Inc. has partnered with Comcast Corp. for a rollout of its digital video recording (DVR) software integrated into Comcast's set-top boxes in the New England region. According to analyst James McQuivey, the move is advantageous for both companies, most significantly...
- Interactive Taking Off in Comcast's Pilot Test. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast to begin its pilot launch of interactive television (ITV) programming services from several cable networks in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005. Information on cable networks that have signed for the pilot test of Comcast; Advantages of ITV; Other plans of the...
- Comcast Rolling Out Cloud-Based Xfinity TV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;5/28/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the plan of Comcast to launch an updated version of its Xfinity TV platform, which allows subscribers to access content from a cloud-based platform while also transforming television (TV) viewing into an interactive experience.
- Kerekes: Sky's the Limit for Xfinity. Malone, Michael // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p10
The article focuses on the keynote address of Xfinity On Demand vice president and general manager Diana Kerekes during the On Demand Summit 3.0, wherein she relates how Comcast Corp. managed to grow its on-demand content into a revenue stream.
- THE BAUMINATOR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p46
The article discusses media company Comcast and Electronic Arts' testing of a service that provides console-quality games to the X1 Internet protocol (IP)-capable video platform, with the trial called Xfinity Games Powered by Origin.