Sunflower Seeks an Edge Via Remote
- VVA Extends BW And Dynamic Range. LIM, CHIN-LEONG // Microwaves & RF;Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p21
The article reports that a PIN-diode attenuator module is designed and fabricated for wide dynamic range. The voltage-variable attenuators (VVA) serves a wide range of applications, including in cable-television (CATV), satellite-television (SATV) systems, and even test equipment. The frequency...
- Modern Times. Kreyche, Gerald F. // USA Today Magazine;Sep90, Vol. 119 Issue 2544, p98
Points out that while consumer technology has enriched lives, there are certain disadvantages. Difficulty of deciphering programming instructions; Problems with getting a car radio to search for favorite stations automatically; Difficulties with a quartz chronometer; Problems with the remote...
- Hughes satellite to launch DirecTv. Magiera, Marcy; Horton, Cleveland // Advertising Age;12/13/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 52, p2
This article reports on the plan of Hughes Communications to launch DirecTV, an interactive programming service, in the U.S. on December 17, 1993. Atop the French Ariane booster will be the satellite from which Hughes plans to launch DirecTV. The service will offer every household in 48 states...
- Satellite news service planned. // African Business;Sep97, Issue 224, p40
Reports on Bloomberg and World-Space's announcement of an agreement to broadcast 24-hour news and information on 23 satellite television channels. African programming; Use of the AfriStar satellite.
- Satellite technology. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p42
Reports that satellite technology has spread across Asia bringing television and radio to over 50 countries. Star Television in Asia. INSET: Getting the message across..
- Changing affiliates juggle dishes. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p64
Reports on the state of direct broadcast satellite television in the United States. Technological innovations; Establishment of dedicated satellite service; Equipment purchases; Examples of American television networks upgrading their satellite television services.
- Showtime makes long-distance call. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p96
Reports on the use of satellite feed by Spanish commentators in the December 17, 1994 International Boxing Federation (IBF) Middleweight title bout in Quito, Ecuador.
- Pay-as-you-watch DSS deal. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p21
Reports that Direct Satellite System (DSS) program provider DirecTV will roll out a revolving finance program for purchasing an RCA or Sony branded 18-inch DSS satellite system.
- Playboy TV to debut `Night Calls' interactive show. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p26
Reports that Playboy Television will begin testing a live, interactive, talk radio-style, call-in sex show entitled `Night Calls' on August 25, 1995. Encouragement of viewers to call in and talk with two Playboy hostesses who will discuss sexual topics and fantasies; Playboy's plan to offer the...