Comcast an Early 'Sleeper'
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2005. Acquisition of Wisdom Media by America Online Inc.; Airing of the Emmy Awards; Launch of the "Ultimate Poker Challenge," television series by INHD.
- On-Demand Net for Tots Sprouts on Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p14
Deals with the outdoor launch party of the PBS Kids Sprout video-on-demand service offered by Comcast Corp. in San Francisco, California on April 4, 2005. Collaboration between the company, PBS, HIT Entertainment and Sesame Workshop; Information on television programs featured in the channel;...
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p31
Presents ratings of television programs in the U.S. as of January 26, 2004. Prime time television programs; Top shows by day; Top 10 cable networks.
- Interactive TV's rough road. Kelly, Lindsey // Advertising Age;3/13/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 11, pS-12
The article focuses on the interactive television industry in the U.S. Cablevision plans to start limited commercial deployment of enhanced pay-per-view services to about 20,000 customers in the Long Island area in New York. The results of this deployment will deter- mine whether the company...
- Cable seeks spot in frenetic lifestyle. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;10/30/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 44, Special section pS4
The article discusses the use of video on demand services by cable television channels focused at women. Oxygen and WE TV have centered advertising campaigns and offerings around young women, who are often so busy that they have a hard time making an appointment to watch television. By utilizing...
- CABLE BUILDS A BIGGER STABLE. Frankel, Daniel // Variety;12/1/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on television programs in development for U.S. cable television networks. Subscription organizations such as HBO, AMC and TNT are developing a significant amount of new programming. The activity in cable television is contrasted with the broadcast networks, which are subject...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports on the rating of cable television networks in the U.S. according to Nielsen Media Research firm as of August 31, 2006. Household shares were dominated by USA and Disney which gained 20% and 15% of viewership respectively. TNT ranked third assuming a 13% share followed by...