THIS JUST IN
- The Cablers. Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p23
Presents updates on cable television broadcasting in the United States in August 1999. Plans of USA Networks to create a comedy sitcom; Live airing of the television program `Business Center,' from the New York Stock Exchange; Estimated earnings of Cox Communications from its public offering.
- MSNBC hooks up Cox carriage. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/17/96, Vol. 363 Issue 7, p29
Cites the deal between MSNBC, the 24-hour cable news network owned by NBC and Microsoft, and Cox Communications. NBC's bestowment to Cox of exclusive rights to MSNBC through the year 2001 against any encroachment by a Baby Bell into Cox system areas.
- Fox in the doghouse. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;09/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p25
Presents information on Cox Communications San Diego, which has cancelled the sports programming of Fox Sports Americas. Reason for the cancellation; Comments by Duffy Leone, vice president of operations.
- Cable station gives urban schools the gift of music. Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/02/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p36
Reports that Cox Communications and cable television station VH-1 have continued their music endowment program at schools in New Orleans, Louisiana. Musical instruments given away to different schools; Fund-raising initiatives for the music endowment program.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Wellness nets showing strong vital signs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p25
Features cable television networks that offer health programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Discovery Health; WebMD TV; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.