Energy supply bill clears House panel
- ANWR Clears Senate Hurdle, Barely. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p8
This article reports on the passage of a budget bill that could lead to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska.
- Senate votes against drilling in Alaska. // National Petroleum News;May2003, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the Senate vote disapproving oil drilling at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Response of Senator Lisa Murkowski on the scheme; Expression of environmental concerns; Assessment of the energy bill.
- Alaska's Pumping ANWR. Vaida, Bara // National Journal;5/13/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p58
The article focuses on a bill signed by Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski which is aimed at moving public opinion toward the opening of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to oil drilling. The failure of the U.S. Congress to address the opening of ANWR to oil drilling has prompted the...
- HOUSE OKS ARCTIC DRILLING, BUT LOW-SULFUR PHASE-IN STAYS. // Overdrive;Sep2001, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on the bill passed by the United States House permitting oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Reduction of the dependency on foreign sources of energy; Swithcover of the mandates regarding the phase-in of low-sulfur diesel fuel; Views of president...
- Legislative Background. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6/7, p173
Reports on legislative bills related to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Legislative choices of the 107th Congress; Energy policy of United States President George W. Bush's administration.
- House and Senate process rival Energy bills. // Power Economics;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the processing of rival energy legislative bills by the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate. Aim of reducing the energy dependence of the country; Promotion of energy resources; Controversy over the proposed drilling of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Senate panel favors Alaskan arctic drilling. Kamalick, Joe // Chemical Market Reporter;10/24/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p8
Reports that the U. S. Senate committee has approved the legislation to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to oil and gas exploration and development in Alaska. Votes that approve language in the budget reconciliation bill to create and implement an environmentally sensitive oil and...
- Energy Conservation Means Economic Stagnation. Freddoso, David // Human Events;4/29/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 16, p5
Discusses the impact of the legislative bill proposed by U.S. Senators Tom Daschle and Jeff Bingaman, which will not open any of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge or other government-controlled sites for oil drilling. Effect on taxpayers and consumers; Need to create reliable power sources to...
- MarkUp. // National Parks;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 66 Issue 7/8, p11
Presents a list of key national-park legislation currently before Congress, including its purpose and current status. National Energy Security Act (S. 341); Saguaro National Monument (S. 292); Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (H.R. 759, S.109, H.J.Res. 239, S. 39); More. The National Parks and...