CDF Test-Dropping Colored Gels
- West-Mark Debuts Interface Pumper. // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p7
Reports that West-Mark of Ceres, California, has introduced its Patriot interface pumper to bridge the gap between wildland and structure pumpers. Features of the Patriot; Advantages and benefits in using the Patriot interface pumper; Rules and guidelines in the application of the interface pumper.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT IN WILDFIRE ENTRAPMENTS. Mangan, Richard J. // Fire Management Notes;1995, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p9
At U.S.-based Missoula Technology and Development Center (MTDC) fire equipment specialists routinely investigate wildland fire entrapments to ensure that firefighting equipment and techniques are appropriate. Fire shelters were used to protect some firefighters from high levels of radiant heat...
- STRONG HAND. Patterson, Tom // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p20
Assesses the application of geospatial technologies to wildfire management. Importance of maps as essential tools for fighting wildfires; Need of firefighters to deploy resources safely; Problems and challenges faced by firefighters in wildfire management.
- Gear. // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p34
Features several products in fire fighting equipment industry in the U.S. Introduction of Gear Bag designed to replace oversized bunker gear bags; Launch of GPS Receiver designed for full-featured navigation; Description of McLeod Rake, a laser-cut tool head that can be used as a rake, hoe or...
- Products Services Media. // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p122
Presents fire prevention equipment and services offered by several companies in the United States. Includes hose drying system; Power doors; Dielectrokinetic detector; Intercom system.
- PRODUCT FOCUS. // Fire Chief;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p66
Features fire fighting equipment and supplies. Select-O-Matic FLP nozzles; Oscillating monitors; Supply line holders.
- Leaders committed to FIRE 21. Lavin, Mary Jo // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the commitment of several government officials of the United States (US) to the FIRE 21 program of the US Department of Agriculture Forest Service. Purpose of FIRE 21; Comments from the officials.
- GIS blazes a trail in fire management. Ross, Chris // American City & County;Feb99, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p34
Reports that satellite technology is helping officials in Nevada's Lake Tahoe Basin control fires. Description on the Lake Tahoe region; Actions by the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit of the United States Forest Service to aid in developing fire management and prescribed fire planning; Efforts...
- NASF's perspective on FIRE 21. Hamilton, Stanley F. // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Presents the comments of the president of the National Association of State Foresters (NASF) on wildland fire issues that are important for all State Foresters and other counterpart agencies in the United States. Fire Management Policy and Program Review; Issue on fire costs; Concluding remarks.