'Shall We Play a Game?'
- Effect assessment of debris flow mitigation works based on numerical simulation by using Kanako 2D. Liu, Jinfeng; Nakatani, Kana; Mizuyama, Takahisa // Landslides;Apr2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p161
Mitigation works are very essential for mitigation of debris-flow hazards in mountainous areas. Usually, it is difficult to assess the effectiveness of existing mitigation works in a catchment. This paper presented a method for quantitative assessment of debris flow mitigation measures by using...
- The Computer Simulation Modeling Study of Emergency Volunteers' Demand Based on Community Emergency Units for Seismic Disaster. Fuping Yang; Ying Zhang // Advances in Information Sciences & Service Sciences;Jan2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p369
To avoid the chaos caused by a large number of volunteers blindly swarming into disaster area after seismic disaster. It's necessary to make scientific classification of the emergency volunteers and distribute them according to the demand. Therefore, based on the concept of emergency management...
- In case of emergency, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/24/99, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p13
Tackles one aspect of crisis management plans that is being neglected by larger companies and institutions. Weakest link of contingency planning according to Gerard Braud of Braud Communications; Need for a plan to get information to the public during a crisis; Need to prevent a crisis from...
- Are you prepared for an emergency? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Provides guidelines on emergency planning. Knowledge about the locality; Subjects to consider in developing a disaster plan; Reduction of potential damage by taking precautions; Way to start a plan.
- emergency readiness. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p751
An encyclopedia entry of the term "emergency readiness," which refers to the act of planning in advance for an unexpected crisis, is presented.
- PART II: FACILITY PREPAREDNESS PLAN. // Facility Manager's Emergency Preparedness Handbook;2003, p17
A cover art for Part II of the book "Facility Manager's Emergency Preparedness Handbook" is presented.
- Evaluation of damages and analysis of health needs in disasters. // Disasters: Preparedness & Mitigation in the Americas;Oct2010, Issue 114, p10
The article offers information on the new edition of publication "Damage Assessment and Needs Analysis in the Health Sector in Disaster Situations."
- County Agrees To Release Emergency Plan. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/24/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Comal County in Texas has agreed to release a copy of the Comal County Emergency Management plan.
- events. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p61
A calendar of events related to crises response from March to November 2011 including International Oil Spill Conference in Portland, Oregon, Fifth International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM5) in Tsukuba, Japan, and Aerial Emergency Response International Conference and Exhibition in...