Take Full Advantage of Fire's Diamond Time
- ANY MOMENT. // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p22
Presents a photograph of a group of firemen extinguishing a gas tank blast in New York City's West Side in May 6, 2003. Details of the accident; Injuries sustained by people in the building; Cause of the fire.
- A CENTURY LATER--HOW DOES THE TALE END? Harbour, Tom // Fire Management Today;Winter2011, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p4
The author reflects on the lessons learned by the firefighting community from the 1910 big fire across northern Idaho, western Montana, and eastern Washington, which burned more than 3.1 million acres and left at least 85 people dead. Fire suppression expertise was developed by the Fire and...
- A Day With a Firefighter. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;9/30/2005, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p2
States activities that firefighters do everyday. Fire fighting; Practice of fire fighting techniques; Teaching of people about fire escape plans. INSETS: Stay Safe;Math Matters;WHISKERS'Sâ„¢ CORNER;Firefighters Stay Safe
- It's time for us to reclaim our fire service. Falkenthal, Greg // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p32
Comments on the changing image of the fire service and firefighters. Implication of the diversification of a firefighter's job description; Concept of safety in firefighting; Issue of inaction or delayed action; Importance of intelligent decisions made by competent, well-trained and experienced...
- EVERYONE GOES HOME. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the aspects of firefighting in the U.S. Safety of firefighters; Details on the need to change the federal emergency air supply regulations; Cause of noncardiac-related fighter fatalities.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Oct2013, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p114
A calendar of events, conferences, exhibitions courses and seminars for the fire engineering sector scheduled for October 2013 to February 2014 is presented including Campus Fire Safety Column in Saint Louis, Missouri, backyards and Beyond Wildland Fire Education Conference in Salt Lake City,...
- K needs 100 fire stations, but ... // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);7/16/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p2
The article focuses on the condition of firefighting sector in Karachi, Pakistan. It mentions that there is a need for the city to have 100 fire stations but there is only 22 of which only 3 are functioning properly. It adds that the city has a total of 58 firefighting automobiles and 3 snorkels...
- HOW TO BECOME THE UNIFORMED INTELLECTUAL. Hennessey, Timothy P. // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p171
Deals with the importance of knowledge in the field of firefighting. Information and skills that should be acquired by professional firefighters; Educational resources for firefighters.
- "INTERIOR" INDIRECT AND COMBINATION ATTACKS: A MISUNDERSTANDING? Cool, Troy // Fire Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the different methods of fire attack and options for applying water during firefighting operations. Application of water fog to extinguish fuel-oil fires; Initiation of Effectiveness of a combination fire attack to control the fire quickly; Maintenance of the visibility present prior...