Fire Agencies Need Fortune 500 Recruiters
- Renee Butts. Huston, Stephanie // Teen Ink;Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p30
The author offers reflections on firefighter Renee Butts. The author asserts that Renee was a determined person, which makes for a good firefighter. The affiliation of Renee with the Carmel Fire Department in Carmel, Indiana is addressed. Her tasks as an emergency medical technician at the...
- FROM AROUND THE GLOBE: 2006. Dalrymple, Dave // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p26
The article discusses the 2006 International Extrication Challenge and the 2006 World Rescue Challenge. Both events feature extrication teams from around the world to compete in several challenges and share ideas and strategies with on another. The 2006 Extrication Challenge was held in...
- Ebola, Spanish Flu, and Us. HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p8
The author urges firefighters, emergency medical technicians (EMT) and paramedics to be always prepared by understanding the potential for disaster, disease and terrorism to affect the communities. Topics discussed include the involvement of the Dallas Fire Department paramedic unit in Texas on...
- Fire/EMS Training Tips. DASKAL, BARRY S. // Fire Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses some Fire/Emergency Medical Service (EMS) training tips. It states that effective in-service EMS training is often an overlooked aspect of fire service-based EMS organizations. Details on EMS drill planning, Emergency Medical Technician and paramedic resources and...
- Around the State. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p26
Presents news related to fire prevention in Minnesota as of July 2005. Fire officials who were recognized for helping increase awareness of arson in Andover; Appointment of Donna Honeyman as the fire captain of the Cottage Grove Fire Department; Amount of grant received by the Hamel Fire...
- Respect the Past, Advocate the Future. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on management of fire departments in the United States. Firefighting is a unique profession in the sense that firefighting is a young person's job at the end of a hoseline and an older person's career when it comes to managing a fire department. A fire chief should be able to...
- Fire services charity wins a clutch of awards. // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p5
Reports that the Fire Services National Benevolent Fund has received a recognition for its financial and accounting processes at the Great Britain Charity Awards 2005 in London, England. Recipients of the award; Criteria selection of the award; Objective of the award.
- Sparks fly over merger. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
Reports on proposals to consolidate local fire services in Indianapolis and Marion County, Indiana. Purpose of the proposals; Firefighters' opinions on the proposals; Details of the plan under the Indianapolis Works program.
- Pride Can Come from More than Run Numbers. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the qualities of a productive fire company in the U.S. Description of fire stations.