NFVC Names Fitness Challenge Winner
- Three killed in W. Virginia cell tower accident. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2014, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p18
The article reports that a volunteer firefighter and two contractors were killed due to telecommunication towers collapse on February 1, 2014 in Clarksburg, West Virginia and mentions that Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the accident.
- Concerns abound over treatment of volunteer firefighters under Obamacare. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/22/2013, p2
The article discusses the concerns raised by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) concerning the effects of health care reform on volunteer firefighters in the U.S. in 2013. It states that the reform will not cover some of the fire agencies as the number of their staff is below...
- USFA and NVFC join efforts to prevent volunteer firefighter deaths. // Fire Engineering;Aug2003, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on the Volunteer Fire Service Fitness and Wellness Project initiated by the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Volunteer Fire Council. Purpose of the government project; Programs included in the project; Availability of information about the project.
- NVFC Update. Seal, Ulie; Bronk, Tony // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p26
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) as of September 2014. The NVFC has collaborated with behavioral health care provider American Addiction Centers to assist firefighters and their families in behavioral health issues. Lifestyle guidelines...
- Is There Ever Enough Time? MURPHY, JOHN K. // Fire Engineering;Jul2009, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p12
The article offers recommendations for volunteer fire fighters on managing their time to give way for relaxation. Volunteer fire fighters are advised to determine the level of importance of household activities or work that they are supposed to or called to perform. They are suggested to make a...
- After fires are out, firefighters need support. // Graham Leader;4/24/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 72, p4A
The author reflects on the dangerous work of firefighters in Young County, Texas and their need of funds for fuel, equipment, insurance and training.
- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- Fire renews faith in volunteer firemen. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the appreciation for volunteer firefighters and smoke alarms in East Bernard, Texas as they save the house that was reportedly caught on fire by a lightning on May 14, 2010.
- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.