Offshore Rig Demand Spurs New investment
- BP-led consortium to invest about $2 billion in Azerbaijan ACG project. // Energy Today (Hungary);2/27/2014, p4
The article discusses the plans of a consortium led by BP, formerly British Petroleum, to invest into drilling 19 wells in Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli (ACG) in Azerbaijan amid concerns over declining output.
- Marine and offshore at risk of engineering skills shortfall. // Professional Engineering;1/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the shortage of marine and offshore engineers in Great Britain. A study conducted by the International Marine Contracting Association has shown that the offshore industry will commission at least 50 new offshore construction vessels, 40 more floating drilling rigs and 100...
- NEW VESSELS, RIGS, UPGRADES. Maksound, Judy // Offshore;Dec2002, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p12
Reports developments related to global offshore oil and gas explorations as of December 2002. Upgrade of the jackup drilling rig Emsco 81; Deals between Bouygues Offshore; Investments of the oil companies.
- BP spill prompts exodus from energy. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;6/21/2010, p8
The article reports that the fallout from the Gulf of Mexico, BP oil spill has prompted the global fund managers to cut their asset allocation on energy sector.
- The Biggest Treasure Hunt. // Time;6/2/1952, Vol. 59 Issue 22, p83
The article reveals the greatest treasure hunt in U.S. history as towers of oil-drilling rigs and dynamite blasts probe the subterranean levels of oil-bearing land. It explains how the search for oil has also boosted the nation's securities markets. It says that a booming oil industry is...
- What Does the Plummet in Oil Prices Mean for Litigators? Metcalf, Nicole Ruble // Trial Practice;Spring2015, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the impact of the continued decline in the U.S. rig oil count since December 2010. Topics mentioned include the questions that investors may come up with regarding the possibility of their oil partners breaching fiduciary duties to keep companies afloat, the likelihood of...
- Rig Count Up Baker's Dozen. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/6/2015, pA01
9 Domestic oil rigs in use rose by 13 to 641 in the week of June 29, said
- Facts On Gas. // American Gas;Feb2005, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p36
Presents summary data on the gas industry and economy of the United States as of December 2004. Gas and oil operating rigs; National heating-degree days; Working gas in underground storage; Economic indicators, including change in consumer price index, housing starts, three-month treasury bill...
- Rigless well intervention proves value on Vincent subsea installations. Leeson, Tom // Offshore;Nov2008, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p38
The article discusses the rigless subsea well interventions. It mentions the success of the well intervention project of TSMarine from Woodside Energy last 2007. According to the author, offshore operators learn the benefit of rigless wells, its cost and efficiency because of previous projects....