- Demanding Jobs. Powell, Robert J. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p46
The article reports on the popularity of employer requirement of CFP certification for financial professionals. While employers post almost 40,000 CFP-certificant-related jobs each year to job web sites, only slightly more than 4,000 people passed the CFP certification exam in 2005. The data...
- CFP Certification Is Booming. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the increase in the number of people who took the Certified Financial Planner Certification (CFP) Exam in 1999 according to CFP Board of Standards in Denver, Colorado. Reasons for the increase; Previous concerns about the marginalization of CFP designation; Passing rate.
- Evaluating High School IT. Thompson, Brett A. // Tech Directions;Oct2004, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses research done on the perceptions of Cisco Academy high school teachers regarding the proprietary Cisco Computer Networking Academies curriculum. The survey consisted 53 teachers in northern Illinois who teach in Cisco Academies of varying sizes. Responding teachers had a...
- Pass/Fail? No, Pass Score! Heling, Bruce; Mayo, Rick; Jeffery, Bobbi; Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p18
This article highlights the author's experiences as a member of the Pass Score Committee for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination. For many people who take the CFP Certification Exam, perhaps one of the most frustrating aspects of the entire process stems from the...
- 49% Of CFP Examinees Flunked Test. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p32
Reports the results of the November 2000 Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination in the United States. Drop of the pass rate from the average pass rate recorded by the CFP Board since 1991; Potential reason for the drop; Information on the test topic guidelines of the CFP Board.
- New York Adjusts Math-Exam Scores. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;9/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
New York state has adjusted the scores on its high school exit exam in Mathematics so that almost twice as many students have passed as originally reported. The questions on the June version of the state's Math A exam were more difficult than in previous years, a panel of experts convened to...
- Properties of statistical tests appropriate for the analysis of data in disparate impact cases. Miao, Weiwen; Gastwirth, Joseph L. // Law, Probability & Risk;Mar2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p37
The article reviews the use of statistical tests to establish a prima facie case that an exam has a disparate impact on minorities. Two common scenarios are discussed. The first is that promotions are made in accordance with the â€˜rank-orderâ€™ of the exam scores or a composite of the...
- EXAM PREP DONE RIGHT. Sykes, J. Aubrey // ASEE Prism;Mar2009, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p64
The article focuses on the initiative of the Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Calvin College in preparing their students for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination. It mentions that engineering students in Calvin were taught about the importance of FE licensure exam since their inception...
- New CFPs pass muster. // CMA Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p35
Announces the results of the Financial Planners Standards Council of Canada's first Professional Proficiency Examination (PPE) leading to the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Number of examinees who passed the exams; Total number of examinees who took the exam.
- CFA exam pass rate above average for 10 years, but below historical rate. Pollard, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the exam pass rate for candidates for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation according to the CFA Institute, with charts on the historic exam pass rates.