- Brain Scan (Poem). Skloot, Floyd // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/20/90, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p3206
Presents the poem 'Brain Scan.'
- Criminal Minds. DeBenedictis, Don J. // ABA Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the use of positron emission tomography (PET) scans to prove brain abnormalities of killers. Aim of lawyer Ramon Salcido, alleged murderer of his wife and two children, of using PET scans to show organic damage in his client's brain that psychic and neurological tests cannot find;...
- brain scan:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p41
A definition of the term "brain scan" is presented.
- What colour is innocence? Motluk, Alison // New Scientist;03/22/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2074, p16
Focuses on debates concerning the use of brain scans by defense lawyers in the United States as evidence for their claim that their client are suffering from behavioral disturbances. Growing concern on possible misuse of the scans; Convicted killer Michael Anthony Jackson as a case in point;...
- END TIME. Korman, Keith // Kirkus Reviews;6/15/2015, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p1
An apocalyptic thriller that will eat your brain.
- Ministrokes, major problems. // Consumer Reports on Health;Sep2000, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Discusses the outcome of magnetic resonance imaging brain scans of people over 65 indicating that a significant number of cases showed changes similar to the damage caused by strokes. INSETS: Surgery to prevent strokes;Check your pulse.
- Tell Men's Health. Carchi, Edward; Remund, Dave; Blanda, Andrew; Suarez, Essras M.; Onasis, Ian; W., Byron; Claunts, Alex; Thomas, Adam; McAvoy, Jim; Roberts, Bonny // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p40
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Who's Got Your Back," which focused on back pain; "An Unhealthy Glow," which discussed the dangers of full-body scanning; "Is It a Headache or a Brain Tumor," which provided information about brain tumor.
- TIME TO TAKE A BREATHER. // Daily Mail;6/20/2012, p37
CALM your mind. Get into the habit of setting aside ten minutes every day for a mind-clearing exercise: sit quietly and breathe deeply, concentrating on your breathing. Let your mind scan your body for tension and your brain for mood ï¿½ be aware of everything that comes up, but don't make...
- Book Reviews: Social Sciences. Uzdavinis, Maria // Library Journal;12/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p134
Reviews the book `Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: Training Your Brain for Peak Performance,' by Daniel G. Amen.
- Big Brother no myth. Fenton, David // eWeek;7/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p35
Information control not only happens in the U.S., but it is happening all around. And mind control could be just around the corner. Google's Gmail scans customers' e-mail content and delivers targeted ads based on interests and buying patterns. Even if one is not a subscriber, if he writes to...