Environmentalism can clean up image
- Sufferings postponed. // Accountancy;Aug97, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p75
Reports on the publication of the report 'The Guide to Environment and Energy Reporting' in Great Britain. Contact information.
- Briefs. // Architectural Record;Feb1992, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p25
Looks briefly at: The Bush administration's revised wetlands proposal; `Healthy Building for a Better Earth: The Proceedings of the First National Conference on Environmental Sensitivity in Construction,' published by the nonprofit group Trust for the Future.
- Environment. // Automotive Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p22
Presents news briefs relating to environmental protection in the United States. Information on the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection announcement of a public-private partnership to increase used oil recycling; Details on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's...
- The Last Great Mountain Ecosystem. Newquist, Susan // Backpacker;Apr2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p72A
Provides a map of Yellowstone National Park to Yukon Territory that suggests the need to protect the region and its wildlife.
- Our planet, our health. Scott, G. // Current Health 2;Dec89, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Discusses the biosphere and the effects of science, economics, technology and politics on personal health and the health of the planet. Balance of the biosphere through `geophysiology'; Biodiversity and the effects of pollution. INSET: Skull and crossbones on ships may mean poison, not pirates....
- Evaluating environmental risks. Abrams, I.S. // Current Health 2;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Explains how scientists are examining environmental risks through risk assessment. Causes of air pollution; How scientists identify risk factors.
- Is our world's natural diversity in danger? Laue, Susan K. // Current Health 2;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Urges young people to get involved in the worldwide struggle to save animal species and ecosystem. Discusses the importance of biodiversity. Children's fears concerning the future quality of life; Genetic biodiversity, species diversity and ecosystem diversity; Food chains, predators and...
- Environment protection code released. // Chemical Business;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p58
The article reports on the Environment Protection Code released by the government of Himachal Pradesh, India, which targets all educational institutions in the state.
- Caretakers of the environment. // Current Health 1;Dec89, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p24
Discusses a conference that took place in June 1989 at Oak Park-River Forest High School near Chicago, Ill., called Caretakers of the Environment 1989: Technology and the Environment, that was attended by 250 students and teachers from 29 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and North and...
- Saving more...stuff. // Current Health 1;Mar1998, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p2
Points out that one way to do more to save the environment is to conserve resources. Information from a report produced by the Partners for Environmental Progress; How a copy of this report can be obtained; Reference to the website of the organization.