Environmentalism can clean up image
- Helping you help the environment. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec97, Issue 7, p30
Presents a column devoted to environmental issues. Greener information technology for Whitehall; Dumping of fluorescent tubes; Smoke and fire in Southeast Asia; Tips for computer printers; Green office initiatives.
- Helping you help the environment. Timmins, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb98, Issue 8, p23
Reports on developments of interest to environmentalists in Britain as of January 1998. Tips for developing work colleagues' awareness of environmental matters; Code of practice designed to increase the numbers of bicycles which can be carried by trains; Funding for projects which generate...
- Helping New Yorkers preserve and revitalize their communities. // New York State Conservationist;Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 5, Parks and Historic Sites p8
Provides information about various programs of the state of New York which aim to improve the quality of the environment. Includes the Historic Resources Survey's purpose of identifying historic properties; New York State and National Registers of Historic Places' offer of a wide variety of...
- Sufferings postponed. // Accountancy;Aug97, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p75
Reports on the publication of the report 'The Guide to Environment and Energy Reporting' in Great Britain. Contact information.
- Briefs. // Architectural Record;Feb1992, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p25
Looks briefly at: The Bush administration's revised wetlands proposal; `Healthy Building for a Better Earth: The Proceedings of the First National Conference on Environmental Sensitivity in Construction,' published by the nonprofit group Trust for the Future.
- Environment. // Automotive Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p22
Presents news briefs relating to environmental protection in the United States. Information on the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection announcement of a public-private partnership to increase used oil recycling; Details on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's...
- Stream savers. Durkin, P. // Boys' Life;Jul91, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the stream watch Boy Scout Troop 899 of Lorton, Virginia, has been involved with for the past year. What it involves; The source of pollution; Where to write for information to conduct your own stream watch.
- The Last Great Mountain Ecosystem. Newquist, Susan // Backpacker;Apr2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p72A
Provides a map of Yellowstone National Park to Yukon Territory that suggests the need to protect the region and its wildlife.
- Our planet, our health. Scott, G. // Current Health 2;Dec89, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p4
Discusses the biosphere and the effects of science, economics, technology and politics on personal health and the health of the planet. Balance of the biosphere through `geophysiology'; Biodiversity and the effects of pollution. INSET: Skull and crossbones on ships may mean poison, not pirates....
- Evaluating environmental risks. Abrams, I.S. // Current Health 2;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Explains how scientists are examining environmental risks through risk assessment. Causes of air pollution; How scientists identify risk factors.