Retail Report Card
- REI'S X-TREME SPORTS RETAILING. Stevens, M. Eastlake // ColoradoBiz;Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p56
Presents information on Recreational Equipment Inc., a cooperative-owned sports equipment retail store company. Discussion on the ownership, shareholder privileges and projected income of the store; Details on the facilities and services offered by the company; Financial data and condition of...
- Sportmart pulls out of Canada, expands new concept to California. // Discount Store News;2/3/93, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p6
Reports on Sportmart's decision to pull out of the Canadian market in 1997. Hilco/Great American Group as the one who got the contract to liquidate Sportmart's Canadian inventory; Financial losses of the Canadian units; Planned remodeling of several existing units into a new prototype.
- 2012 RETAIL TOP 100. // SGB;Sep2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p36
The article presents the result of the 2012 SGB Retail Top 100 Report, which outlines the top retail power players in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. The report provides an in-depth analysis as to why consumers are shopping for sporting goods, footwear and apparel. The top retail shops...
- Leisure Trak reports core enthusiasts shop specialty stores. // NSGA Retail Focus;May/Jun2007, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses a report by Leisure Trends Group, which surveyed where Americans buy sporting goods. According to Leisure Trends' Most Active Americans Panel (MAAP), the group found that active sports participants are more likely to buy sporting goods at independent specialty sporting...
- Retailers Go Green. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the adoption of environmental conservation efforts by retail stores, including cutting energy use and carbon emissions and reducing wastes. The article states that the green movement is widespread and, while it has political and economic benefits, is largely in response to...
- Sporting goods battle heads downtown. Veverka, Mark // Crain's Chicago Business;4/4/94, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p3
Reports on Niles, Illinois-based sporting-goods dealer Sportmart Inc.'s strategy to acquire the assets of MC Sporting Goods along with leasing its La Salle and Ontario street site. Competition from Kmart Corp.'s Sports Authority; Growth of Sportmart chain in Illinois, Minnesota and Pacific...
- Sportmart merges with Gart Sports. // Advertising Age;10/6/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 40, p56
Reports the decision of Sportmart to merge with Gart Sports Co. to form the second-largest full-line sporting goods retailer in the United States. Estimated first full-year revenues; The operation of the combined company under the name Gart Sports Co.
- REI closes two stores, including Orem unit, due to poor performance. McKinzie, B. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/04/99, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p3
Reports on Recreational Equipment Inc.'s (REI) decision to close its retail stores in Orem, Utah and California. Plan by the company to open several stores in 1999; Number of employees affecting by the closing of the store in Orem; Remarks from Mike Collins, public affairs manager for REI.
- REI opens second local outlet. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p47
Reports on the opening of Recreational Equipment Inc. store in Detroit, Michigan.