NEWS & ANALYSIS
- High-Performance Achievements. Clark, Ken // Chain Store Age;Nov2002, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p37
Presents information on sporting-goods retail chain Sport Chalet in the U.S. Marketing strategy of the store; Sales posted by the company from 1996 to 2001; Comparison of the sales performance of Sport Chalet with other sporting-goods retailer in 2002. INSETS: Staying Power;What Makes a High...
- Modell's gets set to open. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;11/15/99, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p8
Announces Modell's Sporting Goods' plan to open its sixth Westchester County, New York store on December 1999.
- INDUSTRY VENDORS BOOST MARGINS AND PROFITS IN Q4. // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p13
The article offers information on the developments in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. and also presents a quote by Craig Levra, chairman of Sport Chalet Inc. on online retail business. It further presents information on the revenue growth of several companies in the industry, including...
- Sport Chalet Optimizes Buys. Ryan, Thomas J. // Apparel Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p16
The article looks at the merchandise planning and allocation solution from SAS implemented by Sport Chalet Inc., a Southern California retailer of specialty sports equipment. Specifically, Sport Chalet utilizes Merchandise Planning, In season Management, Performance Analysis and Allocation. The...
- Economic climate sidelines sporting goods chains' growth. Halverson, Richard // Discount Store News;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the signs of tough times for the sporting goods retailing in the United States. Closure of 80 conventional stores of Oshman's Sporting Goods Inc.; Quarterly losses of Sport Chalet; Closure of two stores of Sportmart Inc.
- Sport Chalet expands into Valley. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/12/2004, Issue 323321, p3
Reports on the plan of Sport Chalet Inc. to expand into the Central Valley area in California. Citation of increased profits for the retailer; Emphasis on offering value-added services; Focus on expanding and renewing the brand.
- RETAILER & TEAM DEALER NEWS. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p21
The article offers news briefs. Sport Chalet Inc. has partnered with Soles4Souls Inc. to aid the victims of the disastrous earthquake and tsunami which hit Japan by donating footwear. Canada-based sporting goods retailer Forzani Group Ltd. has acquired Sports International CSTS Inc. which is...
- sporting goods. // DSN Retailing Today;6/5/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p91
Presents news briefs in the sporting goods industry as of June 5, 2000. Opening of Bass Pro Shops' stores in Nashville and Orlando, Florida; Net loss of Fogdog.com for the period ended March 31, 2000; Sales of Brass Eagle in fiscal year ended December 31, 1999; Appointment of Scott Pearigen to...
- Middle pack gains ground. // DSN Retailing Today;8/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p49
Cites the performance of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 1999. How Sports Chalet achieved modest growth; Business strategy used by Hibbett Sporting Goods; Focus of Academy Sports.