- REITs Seeking Desirables. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/21/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 58, p16
Reports on the desired specialty stores of several mall operators in the U.S. Dick's Sporting Goods; Steve and Barry's University Sportswear; Reuhl by Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Narrowcasting for Fatter Margins. // Chain Store Age;Feb2009, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p10A
The article discusses the advantages of specialty stores against other stores. One of those is that it is particular to a narrow set of needs and consumer base and offer a more meaningful experience. Also, specializing makes it easier for a retailer to make strong emotional connections with its...
- Shop Talk. Abeyta, Marisa // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Feb2013, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p234
The article presents House of Football co-owned by Andy and Sue Hagerman and one of New Mexico's largest and oldest National Football League (NFL) store with the highest quality of officially licensed NFL merchandise.
- JOYRIDE CYCLES. // Boise Weekly;7/13/2011 Supplement, Vol. 20, p81
The article offers information on several business establishments in Idaho which offer home and sporting supplies, including Shoe Fetish, The Benchmark, and Eco Lounge.
- SPORTING GOODS. // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p131
Features the Dick's Sporting Goods store in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Shoppers stayed home in January. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p80
Reports on the financial performance of regional malls and specialty stores in the United States. Increase in sales in the Northeast and Midwest; Decline of sales in South; Sales in the categories.
- April specialty store sales slip. // Chain Store Age;Jul96, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p116
Reports on a decline in the sales performance of mall specialty stores in April 1996. Factors attributed to the performance; Top-performing categories.
- NEW AVENTURA WING FEATURES NORDSTROM. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/11/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 52, p13
The article reports on the opening of a 232,000-square-foot wing at the Aventura Mall in North Miami Beach, Florida. The new wing features Nordstrom and 22 specialty stores that are intended to attract wealthy international visitors and consumers from the region. Aventura is known as a designer...
- BOUTIQUE BEAT. Leas, Cheryl Farr // Daily Variety;06/23/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 15, pB8
Highlights popular commercial districts in New York City. Shopping district east of Soho; Fashion boutiques at East 9th Street; Specialty stores at the West Village district.