- Current issues in economics and finance. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Jul95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p47
Presents research papers dealing with economics and finance issues. `The Electronic Purse,' by John Wenninger and David Laster; `The Impact of Interstate Banking and Branching Reform: Evidence From the States,' by Susan McLaughlin; `Sovereign Credit Ratings,' by Richard Cantor and Frank Packer.
- Research papers. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Jul95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p49
Lists research papers dealing with economics and finance issues. Includes `A Simple Model of Conflicting Horizons,' by S. Brock Blomberg; `Explaining the Growing Gap Between Low-Skilled and High-Skilled Wages,' by David Brauer and Susan Hickok; `Perspectives on U.S. External Deficits,' by M.A....
- What's it all about? (Economics and finance). Edleson, Michael E. // National Forum;Fall96, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p5
Presents an overview of the interrelation between economics and finance. Nature of economics and finance as a study; Strategies on investment and finance decisions; Application of economics and finance.
- From the Editor-in-Chief. // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Fall2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, preceding piii
Introduces several articles concerning finance and economics.
- Equilibrium analysis, banking, contagion and financial fragility. Tsomocos, Dimitrios P. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Spring2003, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p53
Presents an analytical framework that can be used to examine financially fragile banking regimes and to show how financial crises develop. Integration of financial activities and indicators; Definition of financial fragility; Periods in a financial crisis.
- Anomalies in finance: What are they and what are they good for? // International Review of Financial Analysis;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p407
Presents information on a study which examined the misuse and misapplication of anomalies in financial economics. Definition of anomalies; Anomalies in finance; History of anomalies in finance; Conclusions.
- Financial restructuring and regional economic activity. Cromwell, Brian A. // Economic Review (00130281);1990 3rd Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the relationship between the performance of the financial sector and economic activity. Empirical evidence; Credit disruptions; Local economic effects of financial stress; Alternative data on financial restructuring; Model specification.
- Incomplete markets: transverse financial structures. Bottazzi, Jean-Marc // Economic Theory;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p67
In a multiperiod economy with incomplete markets and assets with payoff depending on the price history (e.g., asset and derivatives), we show that in order to get endowment generic existence of an equilibrium it is not needed to alter settlement features such as when payments are made and when...
- Estimating EGARCH-M models: Science or art? St. Pierre, Eileen F. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer98, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p167
Presents an estimation of the Exponential Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model (EGARCH-M) of Nelson (1991), with focus on economics and finance. Importance of the correct modeling time-varying volatility in security returns; Estimation of the conditional normality of...