This Month in…
- Pension reform proposals in Germany. Estrin, Alexander // Social Security Bulletin;1997, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p64
Announces the German Federal Minister of Labor's proposals for pension reform based on recommendations by a commission created to revamp Germany's current pay-as-you-go pension system. Gradual reduction of the level of social security pensions; Raising of social security old-age contributions;...
- Bill protects retirement funds of displaced workers. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jul94, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p92
Reports on the bill introduced by Representative Robert Borski that would exclude defined contribution plans form the asset tests for government aid. Need for displaced workers to reduce their defined contribution plans to qualify for federal assistance under existing federal law.
- A richer retirement? Brink, Susan; Saltzman, Amy // U.S. News & World Report;1/22/96, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p66
Announces that the Department of Labor has drafted regulations that encourage employers to offer investment education to workers with 401(k) plans. Employers fear of liability suits.
- EigenstÃ¤ndige Alterssicherung von Frauen. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;aug2000, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p669
A preface to the August 1, 2000 issue of "Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform" is presented.
- INDEX Grey Power. Hennessy, Trish // CCPA Monitor;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p3
The article offers facts and figures in Canada on topics including the number of times that Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper campaigned for changes to the Old Age Security (OAS), the year of OAS Act implementation, and the year for the next federal election in Canada.
- Clinton unveils pension reform. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/28/95, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p25
Reports on President Bill Clinton's plan to encourage small businesses to provide employee pensions. Features of the Clinton pension proposal; Data on the number of companies that offer the pension plans.
- Fixed-term pensions warning. // People Management;2/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the plan to give workers on fixed-term contracts the same pension rights as their permanent colleagues in Great Britain. Details of the draft fixed term employee regulations to be implemented in July 2002; Comments from Susan Anderson, CBI director of human resource policy; Contents...
- Zur Entstehung und den Motiven der Hï¿½rtenovelle. Zweng, Johann // Zeitschrift fï¿½r Sozialreform;feb1966, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p65
The article focuses on the West German pension system, discussing areas in need of improvement and reform and examining the creation of a series of defects ("Hï¿½rtenovelle"). A modification of criteria of calculating pensions is considered with regard to a five year plan. Additionally, the...
- Materia Non Medica. Johnson, Colin; Tomlinson, K.M.; Williams, Peter G.; Smith, S.L. Henderson // British Medical Journal;10/2/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6039, p809
Recollects experiences of physicians in Great Britain. Tour to Escomb Church in County Durham; Details of the 'Old Age Pensions Act'; Trip to Jerusalem.