- THE CHILD TAX CREDIT: SAVE IT. Kiviat, Barbara // Time;8/11/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p67
Provides suggestions on how to save the child credit in U.S. President George W. Bush's tax-cut law. Belief of the Financial Planning Association that it is smarter to save the cash than to spend it; Suggestions that include paying down debt, saving for school, and creating a rainy-day fund.
- Proposal won't end dividend taxes on plan payouts. Barry, Michael P. // Pensions & Investments;2/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush, allowing taxpayers to exclude from taxable income dividends paid by corporations. Provisions of Bush's proposal regarding pension and investment funds; Impact of Bush's proposal on the pension plans.
- Industry news digest. // Financial Planning;Dec2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p48
Presents news briefs in the financial planning industry in the U.S. in December 2004. Benefits of Professional Life Advisor Network which will be launched by insurance firms to broker-dealer representatives; Examples of alternative investments; Impact of the re-election of U.S. President George...
- Statement on Signing the Investor and Capital Markets Fee Relief Act. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p77
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on January 16, 2002 concerning the regulations on capital markets and pension funds.
- THE BUSH ELECTION: WHAT IT WILL MEAN IN DOLLARS AND CENTS. Gourgues Jr., Harold W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1989, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p8
The author looks ahead to the coming presidency of George Bush and what it portends for financial planners in advising their clients. The author believes President Bush will avoid raising taxes while pushing hard to reduce spending. The president will also "tolerate" a mild recession and lower...
- Bush Wants Review of Pension Rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p10
Reports the proposed pension rule reviews by United States President George W. Bush. Influence of bankruptcies on the proposal; Formation of working groups to analyze pensions and corporate disclosure regulations; Reference to stockholder protection.
- Question of the Week. // Investment Management Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p6
Presents information on the effect on the pension fund market of the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding pension fund reform.
- Retirement Plan Proposals Greeted with Skepticism. // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p34
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush's proposed changes to retirement savings accounts. Goal of the changes; Criticisms on the savings plan; Supporters of the proposals.
- Reform Signed into Law. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/25/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that President George W. Bush had signed The Pension Protection Act into law in August 2006 in the U.S. The law would affect all single and multiemployer defined benefit plans including the National Pension Fund and local pension funds. The new law would increase the...