Science Plays Defense: Natural Resource Management in the Bush Administration
- Global Warming Challenge. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Sep2008, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p8
The author reflects on the attitude U.S. President George W. Bush towards global warming in the U.S. He argues that the president did nothing for six years about raising auto emissions standards and reluctantly agreed to a change in the law that will raise fuel efficiency to 35 miles per gallon....
- NEPA Hit By Broad Array Of Attacks. Kriz, Margaret // Environmental Forum;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the actions of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, leading to controversy over the National Environmental Policy Act as of January 2003. Changes in environmental laws since the 1970s resulting from Bush's handling of NEPA; Proposal of the U.S. Forest Service for the...
- RELIGIOUS WRONG. Scherer, Glenn // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p34
Criticizes the environmental laws and regulations of the U.S. under the leadership of U.S. President George W. Bush. Details on the anti-environmental initiatives of Bush; Refusal of the Bush administration to support the Superfund; Role of corporate campaign contributions in the promotion of...
- In Praise of Disagreement. Jannot, Mark // Popular Science;Mar2007, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p06
The article presents an editorial that discusses reader responses to a previous editorial about scientific freedom. Many readers took issue with the author's statement that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush acts in a way that is antagonistic toward scientific freedom. The...
- Statement on Proposed Legislation To Implement the Clear Skies Initiative. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/5/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p1282
Presents the text of a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 29, 2002, on the proposed legislation to implement the Clear Skies Initiative.
- Proclamation 7611--Year of Clean Water, 2002-2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p1796
Presents the text of Proclamation 7611 given by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 17, 2002 which dealt with the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Clean Water Act.
- AT DEADLINE. // Waste News;9/27/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
This article presents news briefs related to waste and recycling industry. Renewable energy producers are welcoming back a crucial tax credit for wind energy that is expected to kick the industry back into high gear. The House and Senate approved reinstating the wind energy Production Tax Credit...
- It's Clear Skies for Dirty Air. Hunter, Natasha // American Prospect;8/26/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p16
Scrutinizes the emissions-trading plan proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Reasons behind the effectiveness of emissions trading; Provisions of Bush's Clear Skies proposal; Stance of environmentalists.
- The Legacy of the Bush II Administration in Natural Resources: A Work in Progress. Getches, David H. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p235
This article examines the policies of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush with regard to natural resources management and environmental protection. The environmental policies of the administration has been the subject of criticism. An example is the issuance of regulations under...