The Legacy of the Bush II Administration in Natural Resources: A Work in Progress
- Global Warming Challenge. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Sep2008, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p8
The author reflects on the attitude U.S. President George W. Bush towards global warming in the U.S. He argues that the president did nothing for six years about raising auto emissions standards and reluctantly agreed to a change in the law that will raise fuel efficiency to 35 miles per gallon....
- NEPA Hit By Broad Array Of Attacks. Kriz, Margaret // Environmental Forum;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the actions of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, leading to controversy over the National Environmental Policy Act as of January 2003. Changes in environmental laws since the 1970s resulting from Bush's handling of NEPA; Proposal of the U.S. Forest Service for the...
- RELIGIOUS WRONG. Scherer, Glenn // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p34
Criticizes the environmental laws and regulations of the U.S. under the leadership of U.S. President George W. Bush. Details on the anti-environmental initiatives of Bush; Refusal of the Bush administration to support the Superfund; Role of corporate campaign contributions in the promotion of...
- The Right to Be Wild. Bass, Rick // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p38
Analyzes why the U.S. government's ruling, under the administration of President George W. Bush, against protecting public lands as wilderness is wrong in a fundamental way. Policies of the Bush administration governing public lands; Argument of the government regarding its policies;...
- Bush's Forest Proposal Worries Rural Schools. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;2/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p35
The article presents information about a proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush of selling more than 300,000 acres of federal lands to finance federal payments for rural schools and counties, while moving to end an existing aid program. The proposal, contained in the administration's fiscal...
- Statement on Proposed Legislation To Implement the Clear Skies Initiative. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/5/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p1282
Presents the text of a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush on July 29, 2002, on the proposed legislation to implement the Clear Skies Initiative.
- Proclamation 7611--Year of Clean Water, 2002-2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p1796
Presents the text of Proclamation 7611 given by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 17, 2002 which dealt with the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Clean Water Act.
- AT DEADLINE. // Waste News;9/27/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
This article presents news briefs related to waste and recycling industry. Renewable energy producers are welcoming back a crucial tax credit for wind energy that is expected to kick the industry back into high gear. The House and Senate approved reinstating the wind energy Production Tax Credit...
- It's Clear Skies for Dirty Air. Hunter, Natasha // American Prospect;8/26/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p16
Scrutinizes the emissions-trading plan proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Reasons behind the effectiveness of emissions trading; Provisions of Bush's Clear Skies proposal; Stance of environmentalists.