- Where's the fizz? Strenk, T. H. // Restaurant Business;Mar2009, Vol. 108 Issue 3, pFSB12
This article reports that the natural sweetener stevia can now be used in diet soft drinks as a ruling by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted it a generally recognized as safe (GSA) status. In Japan, stevia or sweet leaf has been used as a sweetener for years. It is sweeter than sugar...
- IRS relaxes empty-seat ruling. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/1986, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p28
IRS relaxes empty-seat ruling for business aircraft users on non-business travel. New rules.
- Dutch Product Safety Authority not Keen on Stricter Enforcement of Stevia Labelling Rules. Hoogenraad, Ebba; de Rooy, Dorothée // European Food & Feed Law Review;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on a research by the Dutch Consumers' Association has appealed the Netherlands Food and Consumers Product Safety Authority (NVWA) to draw up clear new rules for manufacturers to combat misleading information related to the use of sweeteners in their product beside natural...
- Appeals court rulesagainst NYC soda ban. Baker, Sam // Hill;7/31/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 95, p16
The article focuses on the report that appeals court rules against the attempt of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg in banning certain sweetened beverages such as soda to be sold in New York.
- When are dues unrelated business income? // Association Management;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on new US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules on unrelated business income taxes. Basis for taxing trade association members; Call from the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) to oppose IRS' new rules.
- BRING IT ON. SHANE McGRATH // Daily Mail;10/19/2013, p77
AN AUSTRALIAN newspaper yesterday reported on plans to further sweeten the International Rules concept.
- U.S. Consumers' Sweet Index. // Beverage World;10/15/2012, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p114
Charts and graphs are presented showing the sweetener consumption in the U.S. including consumers' sweetener preference, types of sweeteners used in new beverages and consumption trends.
- Retirement Sweetener. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that New Mexico lawmakers have added a provision that would change the formula for calculating the pensions of legislators to a bill dealing with mileage rates for state workers. The bill, inserted into the retirement sweetener, links the mileage rate for public officials and...
- Yahoo Spinoff Plans In Doubt. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/14/2015, pB02
9 The IRS declined to rule on whether
- Independent contractor or employee? // Association Management;Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p9
Informs about the New House legislation that is designed to simplify IRS rules for deciding on the eligibility for being a independent contractor or an employee. Details.