- Reply to Chien et al. Chen, Po-Lin; Tang, Hung-Jen; Ko, Wen-Chien // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/15/2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p308
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "It's not that simple," that appeared in the 2012 issue of the periodical.
- Contemporary tradition. Stephens, S.; McGrath, N. // Architectural Digest;Dec90, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p190
Describes the house build for a Westchester County suburb couple and designed by architect Peter L. Gluck. It appears traditional on the outside until closer inspection shows its simple, modernist architecture and fluidity of spaces.
- Reinforcing the importance of family in intervention. Wolfe, Eileen // Addiction Professional;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Intervention: It's Not That Simple" by Jane Mintz, which appeared in the September/October 2011 issue and was concerned with drug and alcohol intervention services.
- Shape-induced simple cubic arrangement in three-dimensional nanocube self-assemblies. Yamamuro, Saeki; Sumiyama, Kenji; Kamiyama, Tomoaki // Applied Physics Letters;3/17/2008, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p113108
The simple cubic packing rarely appears in nature primarily due to its low packing density. Here, we present that the cubic particle shape induces a preferred formation of three-dimensional arrays of simple cubic arrangement, confirmed by transmission electron microscopy and small-angle x-ray...
- June. Vonk, Nancy // Adweek;7/23/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p25
The author reviews several television advertisements that appeared in the U.S. during the month of June 2007. According to the author Apple's television advertisements for its iPhone were well made and simple. The author is critical of advertisements for HBO's television program "Voyeur," and...
- Bulldog ant. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
The bulldog ant was named not for its appearance, but for its bulldog-like personality. This simple Australian ant lives in a highly social colony, like other ants, but has a fierce nature of guarding the colony against attackers. This watchdog-like habit is what gives this ant the name bulldog.
- On simplicity of reduced C*-algebras of groups. de la Harpe, Pierre // Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society;2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
A countable group is C*-simple if its reduced C*-algebra is a simple algebra. Since Powers recognised in 1975 that non-abelian free groups are C*-simple, large classes of C*-simple groups which appear naturally in geometry have been identified, including non-elementary Gromov hyperbolic groups...
- It's not so simple. Bezczynska, Zofia // Visions International;Dec2003, Issue 70, p41
Presents the poem "It's not so simple," by Zofia Bezczynska.
- Carmakers open their doors to films. Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;04/14/97, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p53
Examines how carmakers are turning to Hollywood to expose their products to movie audiences. Range from simple, traditional product placements to larger, more expensive deals; Upcoming auto product placements in 1997; BMW as sparking the trend with the appearance of its Z3 in the motion picture...
- New Anticipations of the Past. Armstrong, Judith // Children's Literature in Education;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p249
Books read with the total absorption of childhood are hugely influential and affectionately remembered. They are an important element in our emotional histories. Rereading them after many years is not the simple nostalgic exercise it might at first appear. This article considers one particular...