INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- the lbo market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p41
Provides data on the leveraged buyout market in the U.S. from 1994 to 2003. Top 25 leveraged buyouts; Reverse leveraged buyouts.
- Database. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/11/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p7
Presents a tabulation of the public merger activities in the United States as of January 11, 1999.
- Six Major Catalysts Of Today's M&A Market. deBrayuwere, Dan // Business Journal (Central New York);1/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p11
The article presents information on the factors influencing the boom in today's merger and acquisition (M&A) market. Because of the loosened credit standards, cash rich strategic and financial buyers are competing aggressively for acquisitions. Given these conditions, the 2005 was the most...
- Purchasing power. Sánchez-Dafos, Jose // Lawyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p22
The article reports that strict laws governing financial assistance have not slowed the buoyant private equity market in Spain. Leveraged buyouts (LBO) are now commonplace in the country. The Amadeus LBO transaction, one of the largest LBO ever undertaken in Europe, gives a good indication of...
- Buyout of Acquisitions. Gould, Marie // Buyouts of Acquisitions -- Research Starters Business;3/1/2016, p1
This article focuses on acquisitions, especially leveraged and management buyouts. These types of transactions are very unique, and have been around since the 1970s. There is a discussion of Frankel's strategic transaction process. There are several types of investors. Two types of private...
- La mesure de la performance des fusions – acquisitions : les apports des Ã©tudes rÃ©centes. Navatte, Patrick; Schier, Guillaume // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;sep/oct2008, Issue 233, p43
This article aims at summarizing some research on mergers and acquisitions performance within a market efficiency hypothesis in its semi-strong form. This research work typically reexamines previous results using very large samples and analyzes thoroughly the distribution of results. These...
- Leveraged Buyouts and Corporate Political Action. Useem, Michael; Subramanian, Saskia // Social Science Quarterly (University of Texas Press);Sep94, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p475
Leveraged buyouts (LBOs) of publicly traded companies provide an opportunity to examine the impact of a re-fusion of ownership and management on corporate political action. Focusing on the ten largest LBOs during the 1986-88 period, the authors find that, compared to a similar set of companies...
- Yahoo moves forward. Boulton, Clint // eWeek;2/18/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the effect of Yahoo! Inc.'s rejection of Microsoft Corp.'s buyout offer of $44.6 billion in the U.S. Yahoo was given two weeks for their decision on the deal and many expected that it would happen. However, on February 11, 2008, Yahoo's Board of Directors rejected the...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: REAL ESTATE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p58
Presents a chart depicting the volume of merger and acquisition deals in the global real estate industry as of October 11, 2005.