The Best of Times For Healthcare M&A
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p52
Presents charts depicting merger and acquisition deals in the global healthcare industry as of October 11, 2005.
- Investment Grants--Progress Payments on Acquisition of Assets. // Accountancy;Aug1967, Vol. 78 Issue 888, p519
The article reports on the regulations concerning Investment Grants which may be paid in respect of progress payments on the acquisition of assets without waiting for the assets to be completed in Great Britain. The Board of Trade have announced that in view of the wide variety of contractual...
- Fewer large deals, but more activity. // Accountancy;Dec1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1168, p33
The article provides information on the increase in number of management buyouts in Great Britain in the first half of 1990. The value of buyout and buyin transactions at Â£1.71 billion was 24.3 % less than the Â£2.26 billion recorded in the same period of 1989. However, the volume of deals...
- HP Split Seen Opening Door To Buyouts. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;10/7/2014, pA05
Hewlett-Packard going splitsville could lead to a marriage down the road to EMC or some other suitors.
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p19
Presents charts and a graph depicting the volume of business merger and acquisitions as of June 13, 2005. Global target volume by selected industry; Volume of merger deals for U.S. energy and power industries; Non-U.S. target merger and acquisition adviser rankings.
- Acquiring a business? Work with the broker. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p8
Discusses the factors to consider in acquiring a business. Questions to ask before inquiring about a business; Steps in buying a business; Role of brokers in business acquisitions.
- Choreographing Distressed Integration. Keener, Carlos // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on the challenges in acquiring distressed or bankrupt businesses. It states that regardless of the apparent discount, use of distressed acquisition to improve performance depends on business fundamentals and an ability to improve the business once the deal has closed. It...
- Managerial shareholdings, firm value, and acquired corporations. Halpern, Paul; Kieschnick, Robert; Rotenberg, Wendy // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Sep2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4/5, p781
Abstract: Prior research on the relationship between managerial shareholdings and firm value provides conflicting evidence. We take a different approach to its analysis and focus on managerial shareholdings in acquired firms. We argue that in a relatively unfettered market for corporate control,...
- How Do Innovations Affect Mergers and Acquisitions–Evidence from Finland? Lehto, Eero; Lehtoranta, Olavi // Journal of Industry, Competition & Trade;Mar2006, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p5
We have analysed whether innovations in a firm's possession increase a firm's propensity to buy other firms and, on the other hand, whether this possession attracts other firms so that they buy the firm concerned. Our results suggest that in the heavily investing processing industries high entry...