Mining for Oil
- Vietnam: Rang Dong now onstream. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p20
Reports that JVPC brought its Rang Dong Field in Mekong Basin Block 15-2 onstream, just prior to Vietnam's National Day in September 1998. Reason for delaying the field startup; Rate of production at the field; Plans for the field.
- SO WHY ARE ALL THESE GAS FLARES BURNING IN THE OIL FIELDS? Hvinden, Dave // NDGS Newsletter;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p5
The article provides an answer to a question on why all gas flares burning in the oil fields.
- Peak oil Forum. Prugh, Tom // World Watch;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
The article presents information about the January 2006 issue of the journal "World Watch." Oil accounts for one-third of global energy use and underpins the modern industrial way of life. Global oil production is nearing its peak. The only questions are when the peak will arrive and what we...
- SITUACIÃ“N DE LOS CAMPOS PETROLEROS EN AGUAS PROFUNDAS DEL MUNDO. Cano, Fabio Barbosa // Problemas del Desarrollo. Revista Latinoamericana de EconomÃa;oct-dic2008, Vol. 39 Issue 155, p101
The present study presents a panorama of the world's deep-sea oil fields, especially those that are in operation. It aims to show that deep-sea exploitation is a phenomenon parallel to the current rise in prices, whose escalation is a specific affair requiring special analysis. We do not know to...
- Caspian fields boost regional production. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;May2007, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p46
The article offers news briefs concerning offshore oil and gas industry. Shah Deniz, one of the world's largest oil and gas fields located in the south Caspian Sea, started its operation last December 2006. A consortium of investors signed two agreements to implement a production-sharing...
- Sinopec and Ecuador Sign Contract on Funds-Carrying Engineering Service. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p8
Reports that Sinopec International Petroleum Engineering Co. Ltd. and DYG OIL of Ecuador have recently signed a contraction funds-carrying engineering service for the VHR oil field physical exploration project. Economic benefits of the deal for both companies; Terms and conditions of the deal;...
- Phylogenetic diversity and activity of anaerobic microorganisms of high-temperature horizons of the Dagang oil field (P. R. China). Nazina, T. N.; Shestakova, N. M.; Grigor'yan, A. A.; Mikhailova, E. M.; Tourova, T. P.; Poltaraus, A. B.; Cingxian Feng; Fangtian Ni; Belyaev, S. S. // Microbiology (00262617);Jan2006, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p55
The number of microorganisms of major metabolic groups and the rates of sulfate reduction and methanogenesis processes in the formation waters of the high-temperature horizons of Dagang oil field have been determined. Using cultural methods, it was shown that the microbial community contained...
- A BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF THE NATION'S OILFIELD-SERVICES ANTI-INDEMNITY ACTS. // Litigation News;Winter2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the difference between the oilfield-services anti-indemnity acts in the oilfields industry including Texas, Louisiana and New Mexico.
- Delivering the digital oilfield: Access, timeliness among keys. Irani, Barry; Teoh, Oscan; Woolley, Tom // Offshore;May2007, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p54
The article offers a report relating to the digital oilfield. The section reports on the current technology being used in the offshore gas industry, as of May 2007. It states that offshore operators benefit from digital initiatives and are harvesting full power from a wealth of exploration and...