Asset Allocation Guru Boosts BSAM's Reach
- Bear Stearns eyes Europe on a budget. Hua, Thao // Pensions & Investments;3/19/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Bear Stearns Asset Management Inc. is planning to expand its operations in Europe through small acquisitions and liftouts while maintaining consistent margins. Consultants and bank analysts see potential for additional players in institutional asset management in Europe....
- Asset Allocation Guru Boosts BSAM's Reach. Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Management Weekly;10/17/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the acquisition of equity research firm Heckman Global Advisors (HGA) by Bear Stearns Asset Management (BSAM), as of October 2005. Views of Rich Marin, chairman and CEO of BSAM, on the acquisition; Contribution of Leila Heckman, founder of HGA, to BSAM; Background on BSAM.
- Sacramento Hires for Small-Cap. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/29/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the selection of Bear Sterns Asset Management to manage a U.S. equity small-capitalization growth account for the Sacramento County Employees' Retirement System. List of finalists included in the search; Factors for the selection of Bear Sterns; Role of Tom Lightvoet from Mercer...
- Bear Stearns' metamorphosis aimed at bosting its profits. Bruno, Mark // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p2
This article reports on the changes at the New York's Bear Stearns Asset Management Inc. Michael E. Guarasci Sr., senior managing director and head of the firm's institutional business, said New York-based BSAM has been undergoing a "metamorphosis" since Richard A. Marin became chairman and...
- Bear Stearns Buying Team from Cigna Arm. // American Banker;10/6/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 193, p18
Reports that Bear Stearns Asset Management Inc. has agreed to acquire the fixed-income portfolio management team of TimesSquare Capital Management Inc., a unit of Cigna Corp.
- Ala. PACT Nixes Fox for Bear Stearns. Glynn, Christopher // Investment Management Weekly;7/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the replacement of Fox Asset Management by Bear Stearns Asset Management for a large-cap equity mandate in the Alabama Prepaid Affordable College Tuition (PACT) plan in 2004. Role of a change in the plan's investment board personnel in the termination of Fox; Effect of rebalancing in...
- Bear, Stearns & Co. forms a $150 mil healthcare fund. Primack, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/08/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 19, p10
Reports on Bear Stearns Asset Management's (BSAM) launch of a $150 million-targeted fund dedicated exclusively to financing early and middle-stage healthcare organizations. Vehicle named Bear Stearns Health InnoVentures; Citing of opportunities in health care venture investing; Trio of...
- Insurers use derivatives as hedges. Crosson, Cynthia; Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/9/94, Vol. 98 Issue 19, p21
Focuses on insurers use of derivatives to hedge portfolio risks. Exposure to foreign exchange risk; Asset-liability matching; Financial issues; Feedback from industry executives.
- 'Artistic hedging' Johnson, Barry M. // Banking;Feb77, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p41
Provides information on artistic hedging, a technique to hedging by investment portfolio managers. Segments of the investment portfolio; Criteria on which to engineer a hedge; Management of pledging requirements.