Ski Resorts Viewed as New Real Estate Play
- How Vendor Mergers are Shaping T& D. Hatfield, Mark; Patterson, Aaron; Tram, Hahn // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul2007, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses how vendor mergers are shaping the energy delivery industry in the U.S. Vendor mergers and acquisitions (M&As) could have both good and bad impacts on a utility. M&As may create more buying convenience, providing a one-stop shopping opportunity. The challenge that buyers...
- STEAMED. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the purchase of the Steamboat ski resort by Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, Vermont. Amount involved in the deal; Background on the businesses; Plans for the ski resort.
- Selling and buying. // BRW;11/20/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p25
The article discusses the key factors that owners should consider when selling their businesses in Australia. Business owners should not compromise on culture. It is advised that they look for buyers in unusual places. The article suggests that buying rivals is one way to expand interstate or...
- Buyers, sellers, must recalibrate expectations. Caruso, Ralph A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/17/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p22
The article reports on the condition of mergers and acquisition in Indianapolis, Indiana. Despite of being the key driver to corporate growth, it stresses that mergers and acquisition in the area has decline due to lack of available credit, disparate expectations between sellers and buyers, and...
- CT Realty Sets Record With $55M Apartment Sale. Williams, Daniel D. // Orange County Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p51
Reports developments related to real estate business in California as of April 2002. Sale of Baywood Villa Apartments ; Acquisition of a retail center by Orangefair Marketplace LLC; Completion of the renovation of an apartment community by Wermers Multi-Family Corp.
- LNR Being Acquired by Riley. // National Mortgage News;9/13/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p20
This article reports that LNR Prop. Corp., a real estate financing and development company, is being acquired by Riley Property Holdings for total consideration of about $3.8 billion, including the assumption of debt. LNR shareholders are to receive $63.10 per share in cash compensation. Riley...
- Set to get back in the saddle. Cooper, Mark // Estates Gazette;11/8/2003, Issue 345, p47
Focuses on the acquisition of Newport Holdings property company by CEO David Pearl. Value of the deal; Reason behind the purchase of the company; Advantage of Pearl over rival bidders.
- Big...Bigger...Bust! Castle, Ken // Ski;Oct2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p43
Comments on the consolidation trend in the ski resort business. Why Les Otten left his company; Implication of layoffs at ski resorts; Business model for resorts to boost their bottom line.
- Big Bear Mountain Resorts. McCornock, Alyssa // Ski;Jan2004, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p43
Provides information on the merger of Snow Summit and Bear Mountain ski resorts in Los Angeles, California. INSET: SIGNPOST.