Adelphia Bondholder Offloads $300 million
- MacKay Shields Offloads Adelphia Bonds. Freed, Dan // High Yield Report;10/24/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the resignation of Mackay Shields, one of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s creditors from the bankrupt cable company's committee of unsecured lenders in the U.S. Sale of several issues of Adelphia's bond shortly after its resignation from the committee; Concern of the Shields that the...
- Hurley, Abbas On the Move. Moss, Linda; Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p2
Reports on the decision of Tom Hurley and Jeff Abbas, two executives of multisystem operating companies, to resign from their posts. Reason behind decision of Hurley to leave cable television company Comcast Corp. and Abbas to leave Adelphia Communications Corp.; Cause for selection of Matt...
- Adelphia's Rigas resigns. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/16/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 55, p1
Reports the resignation of John Rigas as chief executive of Adelphia Communications Corp. Operation halt on the stock trading of the company on the Nasdaq market; Reduction in the stock ratings of the company; Investigation on the off-balance sheet loans of the company by the Securities and...
- Rigas-Hired Directors to Step Down. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p48
Four board members of the U.S.-based cable network company Adelphia Communications Corp., which were hired under the tenure of former chairman John Rigas, have resigned, as of June 9, 2003. In a statement, directors cited the progress made by the board's Special Committee in investigating...
- Scenario Darkens for Adelphia's Investors. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p7
Focuses on the impact of the inflation of Adelphia Communications' subscriber numbers on its investors as of June 10, 2002. Outlook of the situation for equity holders; Information the company's debt; Performance of the company's bonds.
- Adelphia Stirs up US, Colt's CFO Resigns. // High Yield Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p4
Reports the secondary market performance of Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Amount of bid bonds; Cost of offsheet balance liabilities; Debt values of the company.
- Hayes joins Adelphia. // CED;Aug2003, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the appointment of executive Keith Hayes as the vice president of network planning and construction of Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Job responsibility of Hayes; Career background of Hayes; Terms and condition of the appointment.
- Coudersport: 'People feel betrayed.' Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 31, p12
Focuses on the impact of the Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas arrest in New York to the people of Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Betrayal on the part of Coudersport people; Impact on the jobs of Adelphia employees; Importance of the Rigases to the community of Coudersport.
- Schleyer in Adelphia Scrum. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the responsibilities of Bill Schleyer who got approval from a U.S. bankruptcy court judge to take charge of the management of Adelphia Communications Corp. Restoration of employee morale; Task to pacify Leonard Tow, one of the company's largest shareholders; Other responsibilities to...