MANAGEMENT PRACTICE AND KIRK SESSIONS: AN EXPLORATION OF THE SCOTTISH CONTRIBUTION TO MANAGEMENT
- Semper Reformanda is born. Gregg, John // Network News;Winter96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Highlights the formation of the group Semper Reformanda (Always Being Reformed) within the Presbyterian Church. Problem arising from the lukewarmness of leaders; Establishment of network for sharing and coordination among groups and members; Program of theological formation; Involvement with...
- Homegrown commitment. Weeks, Louis B. // Presbyterians Today;2009, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p13
The article features the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Harrisburg, Virginia with its commitment to provide a powerful, New Testament-based model for cultivating 21st-century disciples. It notes that the church founded in 1962 in a stately 1829 home donated to the church's founders. Beverly...
- Bible study, manifesto, 'Jesus Bus' promote unity. // Presbyterians Today;2010, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on the Bible study entitled This Is Our Family organized by the Presbyterians from June 18-28, 2010 in Grand Rapids, Michigan as a preparation for the Reformed Churches organization launch.
- How can we help presbyteries discern the best steps to take? // Network News;Summer2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p9
The article presents some pieces of advice to members of the covenant network of Presbyterian church in the U.S., which are considered helpful in dealing with ordination policies. The author states that it is important to encourage presbytery in setting up the process of listening and...
- Presbyterians United. // Time;6/24/1957, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p54
The article reports that the General Assembly of the United Presbyterian Church in North America approves plan with the Presbyterian Church in the U.S. It states that through the plan, the churches obtained 3,000,000-member body which will be part in the convention in Pittsburgh in May 1957 that...
- Presbyterians seek to end feud. // Christian Century;12/7/94, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1153
Reports on Presbyterians' seeking of a way mend the rift between the national leadership of the Presbyterian Church and the Presbyterian Lay Committee. Positive remarks for James Brown, executive director of the denomination's General Assembly Council; Attempts at theological discourse.
- Stand-out pulpit. // Presbyterians Today;2010, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. seal displayed on the pulpit in a three-dimensional (3D) modeling in the church sanctuary.
- These Area Merchants Encourage You To Attend The Church Of Your Choice! // Malakoff News (TX);5/29/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 22, p4
No abstract available.
- Church Closes $20M Buy of Anaheim Buildings. Mueller, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the closed deal made by Eastside Christian Church in Fullerton, California, in order to buy a pair of Anaheim buildings that will serve as the new campus of the growing congregation. It states that the church has paid 20 million dollars for the 20-acre property. Also,...