Factors Affecting Teacher Morale
- Improving Morale during Difficult Times. Buller, Jeffrey L. // Academic Leader;Mar2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
The article offers tips on how to develop high morale among school administrators and staffs during difficult times at an institution. It suggests the need for academic leaders to redouble their efforts in recognizing groups and individuals. The author points out that a combination of confidence...
- Memphis Observes 'Moment of Silence'; Some Pray for A's. // Education Week;9/8/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the compliance of the public school teachers pertaining to the silent minute law and praying of students before the start of each school day in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Canton Public School reaches out with open house. // Jackson Advocate;8/29/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 47, p13B
The article offers information on the open house conducted by Canton Public School to meet and greet with teachers and administrators at various schools, and parents also got chance to meet with the teachers.
- Staying after schools. Kinney, David // Business North Carolina;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p5
Comments on the way public schools are run. Dilemmas faced by teachers; Views on school administration.
- Perception of Management and Students about Teachers' Performance in Women Institute of Science and Humanities (WISH) Pakistan. Shah, Syed Manzoor Hussain; Mehmood, Naveeda; Chuadhry, M. Asif // Language in India;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p299
The educational managers of the institutions have the ability to influence the behavior of other people according to their desires in a given situation. Institutions succeed if their strategies are appropriate for the circumstances they face. The main thrust of this research is to identify...
- Observations From the Journey of a Master Teacher. Carlile, Vye // School Administrator;Jun2006, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p56
The article presents the author's experience as a master teacher in the U.S. As she nears the waning days of her public school teaching journey, she is reflecting upon what made some of her school administrators successful and what made others not so. As she looks back on the past 35 years of...
- Reassurance as insurance. Bender, Yvonne // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the significance of supportive personalized feedback from school administrators in retaining teachers. Efforts of a school principal in reassuring a beginning teacher of her importance to the school; Implication of small acts of reassurance and support from an administrator for a new...
- More bang for the buck. Hill, David // Teacher Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p20
Features the public school system of Harrison, Arkansas. Strategies implemented by Charles Adair, superintendent public schools; Achieving a cost-effective education program; Merits of streamlining the administration; District's approach to teaching and learning; System of values and beliefs of...
- The Public School and the American Heritage. // Education Digest;Nov1951, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
This article comments on the role of public schools in making democratic aspirations fully meaningful in the lives of succeeding generations in the U.S. The public school can meet its responsibility effectively only if it considers the diversity of interest and experience which characterizes the...